What intrigues you to respond to a FB status?

Bini

For those of you with FB, what kind of FB status tends to grab your attention, and you are compelled to respond to it - either by hitting the Like button, and or leaving a comment? Is it usually something funny or witty? Maybe it\'s a \"cause\" you agree with and want to show your support? Might it be a rant that is crying out for attention, therefore, you deliver? Could be something you find offensive and feel the need to point it out to the poster? What\'s your bait in being intrigued to respond?

I am all over the board of what I would LIKE, SHARE, Comment, or ignore. My own FB

For instance... yesterday my status was:

BuZz, buzzZzz... Good bye cruel world... SPLAT.
There.. that flies gone.

Today it was:

Pumpkin seeds... why are you like a potato chip. Bet you can't eat just one!

But later I changed it to something about the lessons in my graphics forum to gain new members.

If you posted any of them on your FB I would do a LIKE on any of those...and maybe even commented on them. The last one about the lessons I might have even did a SHARE.

Anyway...  I guess it all depends. :D

I find myself liking "kid moment" posts. They're so funny but probably because I can finally relate to them. I don't usually respond in comment unless I'm gearing up for a discussion or am leaving condolences.

I generally do not "like" or "Share" when I'm told to - such as "Like or Share if you love Jesus".  These amount to little more than an old-fashioned chain letter... without the stamp and paper cut.

I like kid moments that are shared, but I rarely comment.

I also share fun or intriguing stores I find... often commenting on how unlimited the stupidity of humanity can be.  :)

I also RARELY share LDS/Mormon related memes.  One reason for that, is that I'm not out to impress other members by "trumpeting my own horn".  The other reason, is that you don't need to 'parade your faith' at everyone who is in your friends list all the time.  When I share something, it usually contains an amount of "universal truth" in it that most people can understand and build relations with.  By keeping it rare, I hope to improve the receptivity of the message in and of itself... and not "spam your news feed" all the time.

When I feel I have something meaningful (or witty) to contribute, I will.  For example, I have a good friend of mine that posted about the "Ordain Women" group and letter response.  I posted there much of what I conveyed here in another thread.  Then got into a very civil discussion with someone who I assumed was a relative of my friend who had chosen to leave the church.  She actually complimented me and said this was the first civil religious discussion she'd ever been involved with.  I also communicated to my friend to make sure that he was okay with what was going on... especially since it was his family, and I was hoping to make a good impression of faithful members to her.

I entirely agree with Skippy. I don\\\\\\\'t mind mentioning church stuff if it\\\\\\\'s necessary to relating an interesting life event (like when we accidentally tripped the smoke alarm at pack meeting last week and had to evacuate the building), but when it comes to actually sharing the Gospel I try to limit those kinds of Facebook postings to two or three per year, one of which is around Christmas time; and I try to select messages that are deeply meaningful and also of general application (centered on Christ and/or Christian living, as opposed to mere sappiness/glurge or stuff that focuses on Joseph Smith or the institutional Church).

I like/comment on funny or witty posts, or bad day vents.  I like/comment on good day celebrations.  If I find an article/cause that I identify strongly with, I'll engage with that as well.  I don't engage with the like/share/comment memes, and I don't engage with pleas for attention.  Repeated overly-frequent political posts or victimized whining will get you hidden from my news feed.

I happen to share a lot of LDS gospel related things and I'm so glad I do.  It initiated a conversation with someone who now is interested in the church.

Not to the missionary visit stage yet but we're getting there.  I feel like you just never know how what you might share might actually influence someone's life for the good.

Plus something I posted once actually inspired a former co-worker of mine to go back to church.  Now he and his 4 kids are active in church again.

It mostly depends on how it strikes me when reading the post. I also share lots of quotes by Zig Ziglar and gripe about my sports teams and the teams I don't like. Lol

And Snoopy.  :)

I wouldn't know...we're not friends on Facebook.  :/

Wingnut, I have seriously considered connecting with people here on FB, but after having added people in the past (from another forum I frequented for years, like, since 2003) I learned a rough lesson. So I'm just cautious about doing it now :/

I'm an awful person. I don't like any of that 'share if you love your sister' or 'like if you want a cure for cancer' stuff. I'm kinda sniffing around for a new position, so I don't like any political stuff, as much as I'd like to, because no matter how you have your privacy settings set, you don't know what might happen and who can see what. Too much conservative stuff can take you out of the competition when liberals are invovled - witness the recent issue with the Mozilla CEO.

I do share a lot of animal rights stuff (shoot me). Films of animals being abused, cute pics of baby pigs, don't wear fur, etc. I also share stuff from Pure Michigan during the tourist season, because that is where my heart is, and library/librarian stuff. I think my favorite page to share now is A Mighty Girl, which has women in history who've done things; book lists for girls of all races, abilities, interests, backgrounds, etc.,;  and how not to be a princess - or if you're going to be one, how to be the most b.a. princess who can save herself. I post to inform friends who have girls and to honor the unsung female inventors, heros, artists, athletes, etc.

I like to make a comment or "like" an actual personal post that my fb friends make.  I share a few links but not many.  I share links on grief, because that is a topic close to my heart after the death of my daughter.  I hope I can help someone who is grieving.  I also share a few links that I think are funny and can help cheer someone up.  I have blocked several fb friends because of their incessant links to political causes, favorite musical group, or scenic photos.  I get tired of scrolling down link after link, and never seeing anything that is actually personal.  I don't mind my friends sharing a link here and there, but if they're sharing 10 to 12 links a day, and I have to scroll down through all that impersonal stuff, I get tired of it.  Btw, Pam, I do not get tired of seeing your gospel related links.

Well since my facebook is dedicated to a doll and not me, it works a tad differently, mostly nonsense and seldom anything of real importance.
Last three posts I had were

"My Flaffy punched the heck out of Miltank! It wasn't even a challenge for her!"

(relating to pokemon crystal and a tough-normally tough-gym leader and my electric sheep's fire punching of a happy cow)

"Put a Fedora on a dog and it instantly becomes funny!"

(its true)

"All dolls are racist, difference is we ball jointed ones admit it!"

Doll arguments are common and many feel the ball jointed variety perhaps doesn't hold the top of the standings, but many believe they do. I hold the belief, as do many of my friends, that dolls are racist towards one another.
BJD's would see Barbie as cheap trash, porcelain as outdated junk, and Monster High as a sick, twisted joke!
Doll segregation for life!

Wingnut, I have seriously considered connecting with people here on FB, but after having added people in the past (from another forum I frequented for years, like, since 2003) I learned a rough lesson. So I'm just cautious about doing it now :/

Oh, I was just giving you a hard time, that's all.  I know you've said in the past that you like to keep your personal like separate, private, and personal.  And that's fine.  I was just teasing you a little.  ;)

I'm an awful person. I don't like any of that 'share if you love your sister' or 'like if you want a cure for cancer' stuff. I'm kinda sniffing around for a new position, so I don't like any political stuff, as much as I'd like to, because no matter how you have your privacy settings set, you don't know what might happen and who can see what. Too much conservative stuff can take you out of the competition when liberals are invovled - witness the recent issue with the Mozilla CEO.

I do share a lot of animal rights stuff (shoot me). Films of animals being abused, cute pics of baby pigs, don't wear fur, etc. I also share stuff from Pure Michigan during the tourist season, because that is where my heart is, and library/librarian stuff. I think my favorite page to share now is A Mighty Girl, which has women in history who've done things; book lists for girls of all races, abilities, interests, backgrounds, etc.,;  and how not to be a princess - or if you're going to be one, how to be the most b.a. princess who can save herself. I post to inform friends who have girls and to honor the unsung female inventors, heros, artists, athletes, etc.

I love A Mighty Girl!  I was particularly inspired by the story they shared this week about the young girl who gave away a million books before she was 13.