For those of you watching TV...

Bini

I know some of you don't watch TV, or own a TV, and that's cool - so this goes out to those of you that do watch TV and enjoy certain shows. My question to you is what is a worthwhile series? I am up-to-date with BBC Sherlock, Supernatural, and The Walking Dead, and I'm ready to squeeze in something new. Friends have recommended House of Cards but we haven't got around to it yet. We also enjoy shows like Face Off, so it doesn't have to be a drama, necessarily. Shows I've lost interest in are: Once Upon A Time, Grimm, Under The Dome (not sure that continued, actually), and 4400 (might get back to this.. does it get better?).

How could you lose interest in Once Upon a Time, Bini??  It's still pretty much my favorite show out there.

Resurrection is new (tonight was the 4th episode), and I've enjoyed it so far...it's intriguing.

I would recommend skipping House of Cards, though it depends on your personal preferences and tolerances.  I had to stop -- too graphic for me.

My current favorites, roughly in order:

Once Upon a Time

Scandal

White Collar

Suits

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Covert Affairs

Revenge

Psych

How could you lose interest in Once Upon a Time, Bini??  It's still pretty much my favorite show out there.

Resurrection is new (tonight was the 4th episode), and I've enjoyed it so far...it's intriguing.

I would recommend skipping House of Cards, though it depends on your personal preferences and tolerances.  I had to stop -- too graphic for me.

My current favorites, roughly in order:

Once Upon a Time

Scandal

White Collar

Suits

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Covert Affairs

Revenge

Psych

Is it sad that I've never seen even one episode of any of these shows?

We watch Resurrection, The Voice, Downtown Abby, and Granite Flats.

Sometimes we watch Grey's Anatomy and Nashville but I'm becoming disenchanted with ABC altogether.  Hubby likes Scandal because he can't guess where the story is going next.  (He's really good at predicting the end of movies and such).

Shows I watch:

• Big Bang Theory: Beefche and I see similarities with the quirks of Leonard and Penny, and their relationship, that we identify with. Also, we both have our Sheldon traits.
  • Grimm: We both love Monroe, though we're kinda sad that they upped the gore after the first season. We don't know if it was a change directorial vision or if they simply had the budget to do what they wanted to do all along.
  • Chopped: We like trying to think of practical solutions to the basket ingredients and it kinda gets us to flex our culinary thinking.

• Restaurant Impossible: We like that unlike Mystery Diners Irvine isn't afraid to tell off the owners when it is their doing that is causing the problems.

• Agents of Shield: We both like the works of Joss Whedon, and we both love Coulson as a character.

• Sherlock: The almost psychopathic treatment of Sherlock is interesting.

• Survivor Man: It isn't a regular series anymore but whenever a new episode pops up I make sure to record and watch.

There are others, but those are the only shows that if DVRed I will end up watching at some point.

Wingnut, OUAT wasn\'t bad but I think because I fell behind on so many episodes/seasons, I gave up on what\'s been going on...

Anatess, I spent a day watching River Monsters and enjoyed it! Very intriguing.

I saw previews for Ressirection and it looks good! So, thanks everyone for your lists :) I\'m going to Netflix/Hulu these and catch the pilots of some mentioned :)

...Shows I've lost interest in are: Once Upon A Time, Grimm, Under The Dome (not sure that continued, actually), and 4400 (might get back to this.. does it get better?).

2. Bini, how could you lose interest in Grimm? :huh: I really like The Americans (Russian spies pretending to be an American couple with children in the early '80s). But there is a lot of nudity, so it might make some people uncomfortable. Perception is also great. Orphan Black is really good, but it also has some nudity. Those are just some I can think of.  

(Edit to add: what's with the numbers?)

Love TBBT! Wished I'd had the opportunity to go to a convention!!!

Maureen, I only watched the first season and I got a bit bored. I felt like each episode was it's own complete different story, they didn't keep with the same characters continually, but maybe that's changed with newer episodes?

Walking Dead

CSI

Castle

Agents of Shield

Revenge

Once Upon a Time

Resurrection

Falling Skies (although they have a year or so between seasons

Dallas (the new one)

Person of Interest

Sounds like all we do is watch TV but we DVR them and then watch as we have time, which may be weeks or even months after they come on, seasons are not what they used to be. Occasionally we'll save a whole season of something for a rainy Saturday - did that last year with Revenge and CSI

Shows I watch:

If you like delving into why Sherlock is the way he is, take a look at http://wellingtongoose.tumblr.com/psychiatry  Some interesting, and authoritative opinions (in that they come from doctors and not some idiot in their jammies writing a blog).  What I found interesting was the suggestion that while Sherlock is not a 'high functioning sociopath' as he likes to impress people with (never believed that one, he needs to do his reasearch) : ) , he probably doesn't have Asperger's either, which was my thought.  Check out the effect that going to boarding school may have had on Mycroft and the very different effect he had on Sherlock. Get a sandwich - you're gonna be on this site for a while.

Is it sad that I've never seen even one episode of any of these shows?

Yes.

Shows I watch:

• Big Bang Theory: Beefche and I see similarities with the quirks of Leonard and Penny, and their relationship, that we identify with. Also, we both have our Sheldon traits.
  • Grimm: We both love Monroe, though we're kinda sad that they upped the gore after the first season. We don't know if it was a change directorial vision or if they simply had the budget to do what they wanted to do all along.
  • Chopped: We like trying to think of practical solutions to the basket ingredients and it kinda gets us to flex our culinary thinking.

•  

Restaurant Impossible: We like that unlike Mystery Diners Irvine isn't afraid to tell off the owners when it is their doing that is causing the problems.

• Agents of Shield: We both like the works of Joss Whedon, and we both love Coulson as a character.

• Survivor Man: It isn't a regular series anymore but whenever a new episode pops up I make sure to record and watch.

There are others, but those are the only shows that if DVRed I will end up watching at some point.

I forgot about TBBT!

My shows are

Cosmos - wife says we are watching this....Lol

ESPN- my show

Fox Sports Midwest - my show

Big Bang Theory- both of our shows

NFL Network - my show

Face off- both of our shows

Dowton Abbey- wife says we're watching this

60 Minutes- wife says we're watching this and that it would do me good to watch also for balance in my life.

If you hate Under the Dome, and haven\\\'t watched Jericho, yet (older show, about 10 years ago)... Check out Jericho! It\\\'s like they\\\'re the opposite sides of the same coin. Total 180. Awful terrible people doing the worst thing possible in UTD vs amazing, inspirational people doing their absolute best in Jericho.

Q