Take-in meals: your favorites?

One of the favorites that I received and was kid friendly was a package of fritos, with chili to go over it, grated cheese, diced fresh tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.  That was a hit with my kids.  A loaf of french bread would go great with it.

I got the recipe for the stuffed-shell pasta!  She was right... it's EASY!  I made it last Saturday for the Pacquiao/Bradley fight that my husband decided to host at our house at 7PM!  The pre-fights started at 9PM, but at 7PM, he got lonely, so he called people to come over and watch the fight with him and he told them he'll feed them dinner.   I went to the grocery and got these:

20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells

1 egg

1 15oz tub of ricotta cheese

16 oz of shredded mozarella cheese

4 oz of shredded parmesan cheese

12 fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 24oz jar of spaghetti sauce

I put a big pot of water to boil, and turned on oven to 350F.

I mixed egg, ricotta, 12 oz mozarella, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper using a big wooden spoon.

I spread 3/4 of the jar of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of 2 8x8 foil pans.

After the water boiled, I put the jumbo shells in it for exactly 9 minutes with occasional stirring and then drained the pasta in cool water.

I then stuffed the cheese mixture into each shell and put them open-side up on the pan of spaghetti sauce.

I drizzled the rest of the sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkled the rest of the mozarella over it and then covered it with foil and put in the oven for 30 minutes.  Then I took off the foil and let it sit in the oven for 5 more minutes.  And then it is done!

I added these:

Ceasar salad in a bag

Garlic bread that just needs to be put in the toaster oven for 6 minutes.

And my always ready egg rolls

People who came by brought chips and dips and drinks so I didn't have to worry about that.

And the party is rocking....

For freezer-ready meals... after covering the shells with foil, don't put it in the oven, put it in the freezer instead.  Then on the day you need them, put it in the fridge to thaw overnight and then bake as usual.