Can you find the driver of a partial plate?

Bini

Already called DH but he says there\\\'s not much I can do with a partial plate. My daughter and I were physically run off the road and up onto a medium by a man driving a forest green Grand Cherokee with the plate: C03 xxx (don\\\'t recall the rest and it makes me furious!). We\\\'re okay and the car appears okay but I was scared and so was my daughter. After the man aggressively raced by us, he then slowed and began to backup, I was afraid he was going to get out of his car but instead he just rolled down his window and leaned his whole upper body out - waving his arms about and shouting explicits with finger gestures. My daughter was crying! I was dialling my DH because I was freaked out! Is there ANY hope in reporting this with luck of any justice? I\\\'m pulled off in a safe spot, gathering myself, but I\\\'m physically shaking.

JERK!

Yes, you can report a partial plate with a vehicle description. Unfortunately, unless there is injury or you have several witnesses to corroborate your story, nothing's gonna come out of it.

We're fine but I'm majorly peeved about what happened. I'm letting it go because I doubt anything can really be done. If that driver was miraculously found, like Anatess said, it's my word against his - especially since there are no damages - except my mental state, briefly.. Lol.

I got sideswiped on the freeway in LA, bumper to bumper traffic.  I even got out when traffic stopped and asked the guy if he was going to pull over.  Even with a photo of the license plate and a physical description, the cops said they couldn't do anything because I couldn't prove he was driving the car.  

Thank you everyone.

I started doubting that I got the first part of the plates right, after trying so hard on recalling the last part. I probably should have reported it, but I just didn't feel much would of could be done. Especially with the small bit of info I had.

Bytebear, I'm mobile but got a message that my Reporting you was unsuccessful... I wasn't trying to report you! Not sure what that was even about... But I guess I hit the Report button accidentally :/