How To Do It?

StrawberryFields

I found this web site.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/fra...eset_search.asp

How have others found the information they needed without going to the Library downtown? Some of the sites want you to join them as a member and pay for the information. I want to do this searching but I don't want to feel guilty for joining and then not doing it. I am also interested in the histories of my ancestors. Is there a place where those can be found as well?

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 20 2004, 01:14 PM

I found this web site.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/fra...eset_search.asp

How have others found the information they needed without going to the Library downtown? Some of the sites want you to join them as a member and pay for the information. I want to do this searching but I don't want to feel guilty for joining and then not doing it. I am also interested in the histories of my ancestors. Is there a place where those can be found as well?

Ellisisland.org is an excellent site for FH. You do not have to pa anything to join, just register.

• 1 year later...

There are different sites that can provide different types of information. I would suggest these two:

www.cydislist.com

www.usgenweb.com

They are not pay sites, but they can direct you to information. I have worked with research on ancestry.com and have found very useful information there ... however it is a pay site. I share a subscription with my mother so one of us is doing research. I also go to the family history center in our ward and do reserach there on the ancestry.com as the church as a paid subscription to it. It is worth it to try it that way BEFORE you decide to purchase on your own.

Good luck! I have found many interesting things as I have researched my family lines. :animatedidea:

Your welcome. :)

I have been a family history consultant in my ward in the past, and currently (although on leave) serve in the family history library in my ward. I explain things better by showing people where to look and how to look. I hope this helps you, and that you enjoy your search.

Originally posted by zz1987@Sep 10 2005, 07:26 AM

Your welcome.  :)

I have been a family history consultant in my ward in the past, and currently (although on leave) serve in the family history library in my ward.  I explain things better by showing people where to look and how to look.  I hope this helps you, and that you enjoy your search.

It so nice to have you here with us.

As soon as thing settle down a bit I just might need so more help. :)