Power of Psychics

pam

I want to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.

If you feel a bishop is not being a good steward, do you feel that the Lord will give you revelation for some members of the ward?

That's a broad question. The scope and nature of the "revelation"/"whispering of the Spirit"/"prompting" should be taken into consideration. It's also hard for people to judge if the bishop is being a "good steward" when most people have limited information and are not really in a position to make accurate and in depth judgments on that. I think the Lord will work through the system of operations as outlined in the D&C. I'm just saying I'm open to the possibility that, should there be some unforeseen, extenuating circumstance that impedes that system, the Lord can work how he will and he isn't going to be stopped. And I know that's "dangerous talk" that isn't promoting of the mindset of just kind of thoughtlessly/faithfully believing our leaders are always inspired about everything, but I think there has to be a fine balance between faith/loyalty and questioning authority - in any circumstance.Too many Church leaders have messed up and while I have plenty of faith in the mantle of their authority and the whisperings of the Spirit that come with it, I've also seen more than enough of their fallibility, first hand.

Being prompted by the Holy Ghost to do something for someone, as in the example you gave, it's well within your stewardship as a member.

If that is, then it's feasible a lot of things can be within your stewardship as a member under given extenuating circumstances. And again, given the absence of the Church, I see nothing inhibiting the Lord from working how he will amongst people who seek him.

Do you give guidance to others saying (roughly, not an exact quote) that it's what God has told me to tell you?

No, and I wouldn't unless God had. Which I think is feasible under whatever set of circumstances.

I apologize for being short, but again at this moment I am very short on time.

Edited by Magus

If psychical incidents are not part of stewardship what are they? We can't just say they otherwise don't exist.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Why would a psychic incident, whose source is a natural ability instead of the Holy Ghost, fall under any jurisdictions of stewardship as pertaining to revelation from the Holy Ghost?