Benghazi Government Conspiracy???

Traveler

As many readers on this forum - government action in some matters and inaction in other matters often concerns me.   I believe that we now have proof from what we now know of Benghazi that there was a government conspiracy involved.  In fact I will go one step farther and say that a criminal government conspiracy has taken place.

The problem is that both the White House as well as the state department claim that early on all the indications of events leading up to the Benghazi incident resulting in the death of 4 Americans  indicate that an internet video was the cause of the security breach.  We now know for certain that the internet talking points were not true.  This however, is not indication of a conspiracy per say.  However, both our President and Secretary of State indicated  in separate speeches that the creator of the internet video would be dealt justice.  Under official orders a man was arrested and sentenced for the creation of a video that was a threat to US security.

The problem and the conspiracy is that the internet video never was a threat to US security and both the White House and State Department knew it.  In addition from their own words we also know that both the White House and State Department  provided false information (that they knew to be false) for the arrest, prosecution and conviction for a virtual trumped up crime which the conspirators knew was not in reality a crime at all.    

The arrest and conviction for creating the video is proof of government corruption at the highest levels - but more than corruption - criminal conspiracy to assist in having someone arrested and convicted for a crime that never happened.

Call me a cynic...

But I expect it to be an exceptionally rare thing when "we" know anything in regards to politics, except the broad strokes, of what may or may not be the truth.

ANY given incident could be the truth, a justification, a misdirection, a series of lies and half truths, a mistake, a sacrifice, a martyr, et cetera.

I grew up military & diplomatic corps...

I've watched newscasts about events I was THERE for, that were completely wrong.

But it's the "official" version, so it's the "truth". Okay.

I've watched people fall on their swords.

I've watched people throw others under the bus

I've watched people put on the show for pomp & circumstance, but most of the real work happens back channel.

I've watched people razzed dazzle over there, to distract from over here

I've watched incompetence lauded, and exceptional work buried.

I just DONT CARE whatever bread is thrown to the mob via the media circus.

Ya know?

If I care about something, I get involved.

Because reading about it will never give me narrators view point.

I won't ever know what really happened, unless I'm there.

Q

Unless it changes the outcome of elections...

Nah.... I've gone ubercynical there, as well.

President Bush never should have sat a first term, or should have, or shouldn't have, or...

So & so has a child who isn't Colgate sparkle, Whosit in this scandal, TheHonorableResignationFromTheRace, TheDirtyRat. ...

Politics is just dirty in general, and the press/populi either complicit or spun in he game.

Why do we go into some conflicts & not others?

Who sits in what position?

Yellow Journalism, voting the dead, smear campaigns, media feeding frenzies...

I've just decided that since I'm not a player, so can't know, that I don't care what kind of grist is out there.

Instead, I take care of my own, to the best of my ability.

Can't change the world, so I make my own piece of it the best that I can.

Because I know that's real. Solid.

The rest is a wish and a prayer.

Literally. Wishing for the best, and praying for those in power (on the ground or back home) to ave the wisdom to execute it.

Don't get me wrong, I believe a free press is vital, I just don't believe they're in the know.

They try to be, which is what makes them vital, but it's a losing game.

A necessary one, but a losing one.

Q

I think there are more layers to this story that haven't come to light yet. Yes, I think it had a lot to do with O' trying desperately to maintain his image in an election year of having decimated terrorism. But that's a little too shallow of a complaint by Republicans to merit all the hearings and special committees. My belief, (admittedly a conspiracy theory) is that there was something far more nefarious going on that would do a whole lot of damage - heads rolling, to the current administration if known by the public. That's why O acted then, and still acts so underwhelmed by the seriousness of Benghazi. Down play it, go off to Vegas the next morning for a fundraiser, don't look alarmed in any way, call it a contrived and overblown issue. And most of all, blame it on something that wasn't the cause and pay thousands of dollars to the Middle East in repairs for what he acts like are his dumb country's mistakes.

The most ironic thing is how much flack Romney took for jumping in there with an opinion after O and his cohorts fell all over themselves to apologize to the Middle East. remember that? He, of all people was demonized the most at the time. And he ended up being right. the more the US blamed it on an anti-Islam video, (that most of the young Muslims who love any reason for a fight would never have known about otherwise), the more restless the whole Middle East got.

I do not think my point is getting across.  That is that what is done to cover up can all by itself become criminal conspiracy - even if what is being covered up was just a silly stupid unfortunate mistake.  Having the maker of the video arrested and put in jail for a cover up for not recognizing a teariest  attack is the criminal conspiracy - the doing nothing to save the life of Americans may not have been as bad as it now seems but the coverup all by itself - regardless of how individual politics  may motivate any individual thinking - having someone arrested as coverup is criminal abuse of power and all that participate are part of a criminal conspiracy!

I could have told you that on September 12, 2012.

I actually bought the video storyline. I was thinking it rather bizarre that the Middle East was reacting so over the top to that video. But...what do I know? I was suckered right in till I started listening to other opinions that made more sense. Glenn Beck, although a little more ADD than I can handle sometimes, turns out to be right more often than the left cares to admit. When he was outraged by the story being fed America, I became skeptical and disgusted at the deceit.

I do not think my point is getting across.  That is that what is done to cover up can all by itself become criminal conspiracy - even if what is being covered up was just a silly stupid unfortunate mistake.  Having the maker of the video arrested and put in jail for a cover up for not recognizing a teariest  attack is the criminal conspiracy - the doing nothing to save the life of Americans may not have been as bad as it now seems but the coverup all by itself - regardless of how individual politics  may motivate any individual thinking - having someone arrested as coverup is criminal abuse of power and all that participate are part of a criminal conspiracy!

Except that the Administration did not call for the arrest of said individual. The individual surrendered to the cops ( for a different offense) to get police protection.

This is the same as Harry Reid saying that Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years. He did not call for the IRS to investigate Romney.

This isn't about Bush and what he did and what he didn't do....This is about cover up and lying and people requesting for help and being denied. Doesn't matter what we think of Bush or Clinton...this is about Benghazi and whether or not someone dropped the ball or told a big fat lie and now trying to use their power and cover it up. Just my opinion

This isn't about Bush and what he did and what he didn't do....This is about cover up and lying and people requesting for help and being denied. Doesn't matter what we think of Bush or Clinton...this is about Benghazi and whether or not someone dropped the ball or told a big fat lie and now trying to use their power and cover it up. Just my opinion

Nope.  This is nothing but a "Get Hillary Clinton" story.  There have already been investigations into this.  The Republicans are simply trying to make an event into a "get Hillary and Obama" event.  They tried to use a brain dead women in Florida to make Bill Clinton look bad.  They used a poor Cuban boy in Florida and tried to encourage a riot (once again to make Bill Clinton look bad) when the authorities attempted to take the boy and return him "legally" to his father in Cuba.  Now they are using the dead Government workers involved in Benghazi for their own dirty attacks.  Republicans really have no shame.  The only thing they do well is become outraged, hypocrite outrage.  2+2 = 4 - Outrage!  The sky is blue - Outrage!  Over and over again.  What happens when its 1983 and Marines are massacred in Lebanon?  No outrage from Republicans since their guy is in office.  

They used a poor Cuban boy in Florida and tried to encourage a riot (once again to make Bill Clinton look bad) when the authorities attempted to take the boy and return him "legally" to his father in Cuba. 

Don't want to rabbit trail this too far.  However, I was in Miami from 1998-2002, and that episode was not a Republican hit on Clinton--it was a South Florida Cuban-American reaction against Castro.  Mayor Pinellas (Miami-Dade County) was a young, rising, Cuban-American Democrat.  There was talking of eventual national office.  He made a personal decision, and announced publicly, "If anything happens on the streets I personally hold Bill Clinton and Janet Reno responsible."  The mayor of the city of Miami actually fired his Chief of Police, in the aftermath of his cooperation with federal law enforcement.  For one year after the extraction of the boy federal police patroled most federal facilities, including the courthouse.  The feelings were deep--even visceral for the Cuban-American community.  No president of either party could have sent that boy back without encuring their wrath.

Don't want to rabbit trail this too far.  However, I was in Miami from 1998-2002, and that episode was not a Republican hit on Clinton--it was a South Florida Cuban-American reaction against Castro.  Mayor Pinellas (Miami-Dade County) was a young, rising, Cuban-American Democrat.  There was talking of eventual national office.  He made a personal decision, and announced publicly, "If anything happens on the streets I personally hold Bill Clinton and Janet Reno responsible."  The mayor of the city of Miami actually fired his Chief of Police, in the aftermath of his cooperation with federal law enforcement.  For one year after the extraction of the boy federal police patroled most federal facilities, including the courthouse.  The feelings were deep--even visceral for the Cuban-American community.  No president of either party could have sent that boy back without encuring their wrath.

Waste of time, PC.  Hoosierguy has his sources and he's sticking by it.... facts just gets in the way.