Family luxuries?

Bini

Yes.  Tithe.  10%.  That would be an arm.  Or maybe a leg.  Lakumi would still look good without either one.

:D

As a faerie, there is no concept of tithing since there is no concept of weath, they live to serve and guard the forest and when they die their physical bodies are buried and become part of the forest like their ancestors.

They have no afterlife.

But the doll's wings are magnetic, so I guess she could tithe them but to what and why?

But the doll's wings are magnetic, so I guess she could tithe them but to what and why?

Oh, you could tithe them to Primary.  We're always needing magnets to stick those visual aids for singing time on the board... uhm, but then tithe is supposed to go to building temples and such...

Oh, you could tithe them to Primary.  We're always needing magnets to stick those visual aids for singing time on the board... uhm, but then tithe is supposed to go to building temples and such...

I would just give rare earth magnets if they needed them that much, I have so many extra from my model wargaming days.

But Lakumi would never tithe to human religion, humans are short lived and powerless compared to the fae,

We can't agree where we came from or where we're going, they all know.

But then again they have absolutely no society really, just a bunch of naked things flying around, dancing-you know faerie stuff.

Point is, I am sure temples can use magnets too, who doesn't need magnets?!

Washer, stove (and food to cook!), microwave, computers, having electricity and clean water for my family to drink, etc. ALL the things most of us take for granted.

Little luxuries such as going to the cinema once in a blue moon, shopping once a year for clothes, shoes and bags and getting organic/vegan products.

Luxuries.... hmmm ... a dishwasher is a luxury.  But without it my hand would be raw.  They are almost raw just rinsing of the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.

A washer and dryer is a luxury.  But the alternative is unthinkable.  I can't imagine boiling clothes in a cauldron outside.  :D

Everything we have is a luxury except food and minimal clothing and bedding.  But... because we live in the place we do there are certain things that become necessities just to survive in society.  My cell phone is a luxury, but without it I wouldn't be paying bills the same way.  I wouldn't be in contact with my adult children.  I wouldn't be able to communicate with young mothers in our ward who have children my grandson's age.  I wouldn't be able to provide some of the service I am able to do without my phone.  My car is a luxury, but again, without it I couldn't go to the grocery store.  I couldn't pick volunteer at my grandson's school.  

Sometimes I am bothered when we compare an American lifestyle to Filipino or African.  We do have luxuries.  But to successfully provide for family in our society somethings that would be a luxury elsewhere are a necessity here.  In my opinion its sad that we have lost the simplicity of life, but there it is.

Well technically they're on topic because they're the most luxury-item I own :P

but I understand (still think any Temple in the world could find a use for magnets though)

Lakumi is a fae but humans are also fae... They have no beginning and no end... :-)

For example?

a Car.  Where I live we don't have bus service.  We're 25 miles from Ogden and 6 miles from a small country market.

I can argue that my computer is not a luxury.  Without it we can't do some homework or report reading hours.  And... if I gave up the "luxury" of a car then the computer becomes even more a necessity so I can pay bills.

There are things in our lives that would be luxuries in a small village where everything eaten is grown or hunted, or where a peddler of sorts came to sell the things we couldn't make ourselves.  But because of where we live those same things become a necessity in communicating, working and providing for a family in our society.  

When my kids were in Jr. High and High School I was constantly opting them out of homework that couldn't be done at home because I refused to have cable TV in my house.  Ten years later and I'm finding that if I chose to not have a computer in my home my grandson wouldn't be able to do his homework and he's only in Kindergarten.  We haven't bought a tablet yet but we're looking and saving because they are used to teach and for homework in the older grades.  :(  

I wouldn't mind one bit going back to a time or live in a place where luxuries weren't becoming a necessity.

Most of what I really consider luxuries (travel, fancy hotels & meals) are taken care of by employer, so providing them is not an issue. That said, I am old enough to remember segregated housing and jobs and not being able to try on clothes in department stores, so I do think I am blessed to have such nice experiences that would have been denied to me not that long ago.

On a more personal level, my biggest luxury is my car. It's a 2005 paid off Hyundai SUV. This is my first car; I only got my license a few months before I bought it in 2006. It is a luxury not to have to stand in the heat or snow or rain at a bus stop. It is a luxury not to have to fend off drunks and homeless just so I can get home. It is a luxury not to have to time all my activities according to the bus schedule or hope that I can find a cab. It is a luxury to forget something and be able to go back and get it. It's a luxury not to have to carry my groceries home in a back pack. I know most people take their cars for granted, but I don't. My whole life has changed because I have a car and like a good Baptist, I frequently say 'thank you, Jesus' while driving in my car.

Two kinda luxuries:

1) I can buy what I want to eat. I have a budget, but if there is something I want, I can afford it. I have been on food stamps. I can stretch a dollar, but it is certainly nicer not to have to.

2) I just bought myself a Kindle Fire because my iPad got too heavy. Yes, first world problem, I know. I don't see the Kindle as a luxury, I am in a tech-related field and am somewhat expected to keep up with the trends. But, hey, I wanted one and the tax refund arrived, so....  If I didn't have it, I would just use my ASUS. : )

• 8 months later...