How's this for a birthday party?

Backroads

My grandmother has decided that for her 85th birthday she wants to be sealed to her husband and children.  This is a woman who converted to marry my LDS grandfather (who never went through the temple and was rather inactive his whole life), did church stuff for decades for "social reasons" and only got serious about her faith a few years ago. 

My poor dad, being the only living male in the family, has to apparently stand in for two other people besides himself.

Anywho, I'm quite excited about this upcoming sealing.

Nope.  Apparently he has to act as his deceased father and grandfather, according to my grandmother's wishes.  Can that even be done?

Yes he can.  The only reason I asked is because I was once in a debate regarding this same thing.  A person said they could stand in for their brothers for them to all get sealed to their deceased parents.  The brothers were still living but could not obtain a temple recommend.  We were trying to explain that unfortunately the brothers could not be sealed if not temple worthy while they were still alive.

But I'm really happy that your family can do this.  It's a wonderful birthday present for herself.  :)