Accredited Christian law school grads barred from practice

prisonchaplain

Yeah some get a little much, I said those I knew, I don't speak for the GLBT community (if I did I'd have a hat and a cape or something lol).

I mean how would Christians feel if they were treated that way? Would they not act?

We have been and we are being treated this way.  Consider New Testament era Rome.  Ever hear the phrase, "Feeding the Christians to the lions?"  Likewise parts of the Sudan, India, mainline China, North Korea, much of the Middle East, etc.  At our worst, we have lashed back.  At our best, we forgive.  We love our enemies.  We turn diaspora into missionary impulse. 

Stupidity.

This is on the same level as "You can't practice law because you prefer bananas to strawberries".

Clearly you couldn't serve banana farmers like you would strawberry farmers. :evilbanana:

But seriously, I agree with you, this is extremism on way over the deep end. Coincidentally, I have realized I don't use emoticons nearly enough.

I hear revenge being brought up ALL THE TIME!!  Not in so many words like "I'm feeling so vengeful that the govt and you religious folks haven't let me get married to my same gender partner. "   But words like " You and your god stay out of my life" . Just go to the comments section of the Des News on any gay marriage article and there it is. Soulsearcher himself has used "getting back" as an excuse many times in his defense of the tactics and strategy the LGBTs use.

Maybe he's happily ensconced in a relationship and has no need for us?  Or maybe he's just given up on us hard hearted and headed Mormons who don't believe in gay relations.  :P He tried so hard for so long to teach us but we're just not getting it.

( Soul knows I do appreciate his efforts.)

Maybe he's happily ensconced in a relationship and has no need for us?  Or maybe he's just given up on us hard hearted and headed Mormons who don't believe in gay relations.  :P He tried so hard for so long to teach us but we're just not getting it.

( Soul knows I do appreciate his efforts.)

Yeah, to me it doesn't effect my life weither you believe in same sex marriage or not.

No one has told me to die in a fire so these debates and talks have been going smoothly.

Yeah, to me it doesn't effect my life weither you believe in same sex marriage or not.

No one has told me to die in a fire so these debates and talks have been going smoothly.

Lakumi, they were talking about a different poster who usually got in on these threads, but is mia.

Lakumi, they were talking about a different poster who usually got in on these threads, but is mia.

I know, I was stating my opinion since I too seem to pop up in these threads here and there as well.

And showing my general appreciation of not being told to die as most places on the net say lol

I'm here just got busy with a new position at work and was to lazy to set up a new password.

For the people who think Gays were equal before and are now you are a bit delusional and I'm not talking marriage.

On the topic of revenge, I'm not so sure it's revenge as much as gays saw the lengths people were willing to go to against them when gays had no power and they are doing their darndest to not get behind that 8 ball again.  Going a little over board yes, but sadly using the same tricks that were used against them.  You guys taught us well and while i don't like seeing it you can't really cry too much when you didn't exactly use your power in the best ways when you had it.  When Christians really had the power and the moral high ground how much time was spent treating gays like people and listening  rather than just judging and making very clear lines in the sand?  All of a sudden there's a whole different tune being sung and a new victim.  Someone brought up the romans and the lions, but instead of learning from those very early lessons about what it's like to be an unpopular minority seen on the wrong end of the majorities views on faith, they became the romans.  It's fine for Christians these days to ask "why, oh why are we being treated this way, how have we fallen so far in their eyes and why is everyone against us?", but sadly a lot of the time pride blocks the answers.  People will look at my reply, have a snide or dismissive come back and miss that being dismissive and not learning from the recent and long past is exactly why people have no problem telling these young law students they can't be trusted to listen to their clients and serve them with the best intentions.

For the record I'm not a fan of the choice, but being some people here think it's wrong to protect housing and employment on the grounds of sexual orientation, guess some people in power now think the same applies to religion.

I expected that a good many in the LBGT community--even from "moderates,"  would respond, "See?  How does it feel now that YOU are on the receiving end?"  Power does corrupt.  On the bright side, Christians do well under persecution.  We become stronger, and more Christ-like.  We grow.  I'm told that China now has more Christians, in raw numbers, than the United States.  They've been forged by the fires of persecution.  It may be an irony that LBGT payback (is that not what "see how it feels?" amounts to?) revives Christianity.

The problem is that western society is moving from punishing an individual’s actions/behavior to punishing a person for his thoughts or beliefs.

We have a history of discriminating against people just for how they looked, and you think its progress to punish someone because of what they think?

This group made a covenant agreeing to keep their sexual activity within the bounds of heterosexual marriage and now they are being prevented from practicing law? A covenant to honor heterosexual marriage…sounds awful familiar. How long before Mormons are banned from employment in Canada because they too make this same covenant?

When it comes to LDS it’s not par for course and the shoe is on the other foot. Our people had to flee their country because our beliefs and behavior were not tolerated. 

There are no new victims here..it’s just the same old ones. My hope is that one day people in these groups with their self-righteous indignations and demand for historical reparations and “victim” rights will look in the mirror and recognize the face of evil. 

I expected that a good many in the LBGT community--even from "moderates,"  would respond, "See?  How does it feel now that YOU are on the receiving end?"  Power does corrupt.  On the bright side, Christians do well under persecution.  We become stronger, and more Christ-like.  We grow.  I'm told that China now has more Christians, in raw numbers, than the United States.  They've been forged by the fires of persecution.  It may be an irony that LBGT payback (is that not what "see how it feels?" amounts to?) revives Christianity.

The problem is that western society is moving from punishing an individual’s actions/behavior to punishing a person for his thoughts or beliefs.

We have a history of discriminating against people just for how they looked, and you think its progress to punish someone because of what they think?

This group made a covenant agreeing to keep their sexual activity within the bounds of heterosexual marriage and now they are being prevented from practicing law? A covenant to honor heterosexual marriage…sounds awful familiar. How long before Mormons are banned from employment in Canada because they too make this same covenant?

When it comes to LDS it’s not par for course and the shoe is on the other foot. Our people had to flee their country because our beliefs and behavior were not tolerated. 

There are no new victims here..it’s just the same old ones. My hope is that one day people in these groups with their self-righteous indignations and demand for historical reparations and “victim” rights will look in the mirror and recognize the face of evil. 

At the end of the day, its still humans, gay people are just people and can be as cruel and spiteful as straight people.

They're no better or worse most of the time.

Oh and I don't think most Canadians know we even have Mormons :lol:

At the end of the day, its still humans, gay people are just people and can be as cruel and spiteful as straight people.

They're no better or worse most of the time.

Oh and I don't think most Canadians know we even have Mormons :lol:

That's weird...because they seem so happy all the time.   <_<

That's weird...because they seem so happy all the time.   <_<

Yeah, but still-they're still human beings and for the most part, human beings suck lol

(Straight people need a parade, closest hetero's have is St.Patricks Day and...well I won't get into the moronic idea of drinking and wandering around in the winter)

Look up Elliot Smiths lyrics for Rose Parade. That's pretty much how I feel when I watch any parade. 

Back to another related topic, how many Mormons are in your state, do you see Missionaries wandering around? I've seen them once, well they came to the door and my mom answered it, she mentioned name tags and I knew it was them, that was some years ago when I lived in dear Ottawa. I can't imagine Canada is at all good for spreading their message though.

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

I think what most think isn't so much "how does it feel now" as much as will this teach humility that was lacking in the past.  Are the gays going over board, you bet, we need to learn our humility as well, but that being said we were shown that when Christians had the power they were corrupted by it and abused it with pride and little humility.  The did not follow the golden rule they just sought to rule.  The gays are just as guilty now don't get me wrong, but neither side really ever handled it with grace.

Graduates of Trinity Western University Law School (Langely, BC) are barred from practing law in Ontario.  Why?  They signed a covenant agreeing to keep their sexual activity within the bounds of heterosexual marriage.  Critics say that such a covenant is proof enough that the graduates would not treat all clients equally.  British Columbia considered a similar move, but ultimately approved the school's graduates.  At least one commentator wonders when already-practicing barristers will face similar prohibitions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trinity-western-law-school-rejected-by-ontario-law-society-1.2621211

PC.  As I have read some of the posts of this thread there is something blatantly missing.  We must also realize that any person that is involved in supporting gay marriage cannot be considered a unprejudiced lawyer or judge for any citizen opposed to gay marriage in a court of law.   When political correctness becomes included in the law - of necessity the law becomes prejudiced and biased. 

Soul and Traveler--humility and grace would be wonderful healers.  Sadly, persecution often breeds a chip on the shoulder, and the pride of victimhood.  I pray we do not sucuumb, but rather take hope in the saying, "This too shall pass."  Yes, it is prejudiced and biased to ban traditionalists in law because of alleged bias and prejudiced.  However, they think they are right, so they perceive their biases as self-evident truths.  Humility, humility, where art thou, or humility?

For many years now we have been plagued with the absurd idea that best way to ensure tolerance, diversity and mutual respect is to punish anyone who thinks his or her opinions are more correct than anyone else's. This is utter nonsense because:

1. If I voice my disagreement with the position that all opinions are equally valid, the those who do hold that position are bound by their own philosophy to consider my views as correct as their own. In punishing me they are breaking their own rules.
  2. If I don't believe my own opinions are truer than anyone else's, in what sense are they my opinions anyway? Banning me from believing in the superior status in my own opinions is tantamount to banning me from having opinions at all.
  3. And that would include holding the opinion that all opinions are equal. Anyone who holds such an opinion cannot hold such an opinion - or any other opinion either.

The position implodes. It is nevertheless the received wisdom which is assumed and taught to children. Even when I was a kid I was taught - at as supposedly Christian school! - that it was is wrong to believe that people of other religions were wrong. "We're not right and they're not wrong," they would say. "They are just a different religion from us." I was by no means "top of the class", but even I could see that this was garbage. But any attempt to disagree was met with an angry repetition of the same nonsense statement.