Coke and its usage

usar

My LDS Brother's and Sister's ! There has been a lot of talk on the subject of coke, caffeine, the Church stand, and Its' effects. I thought it would be appropriate to share this list of coke uses around the house some of you may already know this and some of you may be see this list and be shocked see below !

The list
1. Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric (I had to start there)
2. Remove rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil.
3. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Make gooey
Coke funnel cakes
5. Clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
6. Loosen a rusty bolt; pour on some Coke and wait for the magic to happen.
7. Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
8. Help a lawn become lush and green (see my
lawn tonic article here )
9. Prevent an asthma attack! Apparently, the caffeine in two 12oz cans can prevent the onset of an attack.
10. Defrost a frozen windshield. Apply liberally and wait (I’ll see if this works in winter)
11. Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
12. Descale a kettle using the same method in 11.
13. Neutralize a jellyfish sting.
14. Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
15. Cure nausea; let a can of Coke go flat then take a teaspoon of Coke every hour.
16. Also, flat coke can help relieve an upset stomach (aka “the runs”)
17. Make a Mentos & Coke exploding fountain. This one takes a 2-liter bottle of Coke.

When I was a flight attendant the ground crew regularly used it to unplug the drains, since we had lots of Coke in the galleys.

When I was a kid after a really grueling baseball practice one summer the coach opened up his truck and handed out Cokes to all the players. Me and my older brother didn't drink any and we were THIRSTY. I grew up not drinking it. But one day I had a little gummy coke flavored candy and I loved it. Now that I'm older I usually drink about 2 cans of diet coke a week at the most. Not much really, I know it's not good for me. I worry more about the sugar and artificial sweeteners then the caffeine.

But I'm glad the Church leaves it up to members to decide.

When I was a flight attendant the ground crew regularly used it to unplug the drains, since we had lots of Coke in the galleys.

When I was a kid after a really grueling baseball practice one summer the coach opened up his truck and handed out Cokes to all the players. Me and my older brother didn't drink any and we were THIRSTY. I grew up not drinking it. But one day I had a little gummy coke flavored candy and I loved it. Now that I'm older I usually drink about 2 cans of diet coke a week at the most. Not much really, I know it's not good for me. I worry more about the sugar and artificial sweeteners then the caffeine.

But I'm glad the Church leaves it up to members to decide.

I think you were actually better off not drinking it. Coke and other soda might seem refreshing, but the caffeine actually dehydrates you further.... Dumb move by the coach lol!

My LDS Brother's and Sister's ! There has been a lot of talk on the subject of coke, caffeine, the Church stand, and Its' effects. I thought it would be appropriate to share this list of coke uses around the house some of you may already know this and some of you may be see this list and be shocked see below !

The list

[snip]

Mythbusters tested a lot of supposed uses of Coke that tell you you aren't supposed to drink it.  Most didn't work.  The ones that did didn't work all that well. For example Coke WILL dissolve a tooth left in it.  Orange juice will do it faster.

The Coke funnel cakes sound good though.

Cocaine and chocolate come from the same plant.

No they don't. The Cocoa bean, from which chocolate is produced, comes from Theobroma cacao, while cocaine is derived from the coca plant, Erythroxylum Coca and another domesticate species Erythroxylum novogranatense. The chocolate plant and the cocaine plant aren't even in the same family.

Yes, of course I googled all of that, I dd not know anything about these plants previously lol.

I've always understood that the phosphirc acid of cola drinks will leach calcium from your bones, but apparently not even that is a problem so long as your calcium intake is good. I've come to decide that the problem with cola drinks is the same problem with most our drinks, way too much sugar in one of it's many forms.

According to google image search it is.

yes! go me, I can identify plants now lol

Not as easy as say the marijuana plant (interesting note, it grows wild in India-it's like their dandelion or something) but something within me knew that was the plant!

No they don't. The Cocoa bean, from which chocolate is produced, comes from Theobroma cacao, while cocaine is derived from the coca plant, Erythroxylum Coca and another domesticate species Erythroxylum novogranatense. The chocolate plant and the cocaine plant aren't even in the same family.

Yes, of course I googled all of that, I dd not know anything about these plants previously lol.

I've always understood that the phosphirc acid of cola drinks will leach calcium from your bones, but apparently not even that is a problem so long as your calcium intake is good. I've come to decide that the problem with cola drinks is the same problem with most our drinks, way too much sugar in one of it's many forms.

In the age of Google and Wikipedia there is no longer any excuse for making such mistakes. But, to be fair, I make them myself from time to time. It's a good lesson. Google first. Comment Second.

In the age of Google and Wikipedia there is no longer any excuse for making such mistakes. But, to be fair, I make them myself from time to time. It's a good lesson. Google first. Comment Second.

And fix my typo's before someone quotes me, sheeesh, I forgot to type entire words :D

yes! go me, I can identify plants now lol

Not as easy as say the marijuana plant (interesting note, it grows wild in India-it's like their dandelion or something) but something within me knew that was the plant!

You know, it has always amazed me how many chemicals can be produced from dirt, water, and sunlight. As I understand there's only a handful of minerals plants need in the ground to work their magic.