Lost Mission fund

JJSpazz84

Hello everyone, i have been preparing for a mission for a year and a half now, all my friends are currently serving so im very eager to get out there and serve just like they are i recently came into some trouble though, i had saved up money from working since i decided that i wanted to go on a mission and by last month i had 4500 almost close to half in which me and the bishop agreed on, i was fine with it but then i had to pay something that required Immediate Attention or else my mom would have gotten into a lot of trouble(not law wise just health wise she has cancer), its left me with only 500 dollars and ive already had one interview now i just need to have the one with the Stake President so i dont think there is any turning back and i really dont want to Im 20 going on 21 in a few months so i die a little inside when i get letters from how they are doing on there mission i would really appreciate an honest opinion on what i should possibly do i honestly feel like ill let everyone down if i pull out right now its been eating at me all week FYI my parents cant really support me on my mission cause they need all the money they can get its kind of the reason why they couldn't pay for my moms treatments.     

Let's see... you followed your Bishop's counsel on saving up for a mission... and a more noble and necessary expense came up... and you were prepared.  Perhaps your Bishop's counsel, in the grand scheme of things, was meant for you to be prepared for this?

When I was preparing my missionary papers, I needed to see the dentist.  I called one up and asked for an appointment.  They said "We won't have any time for 2 weeks, but you can come in right now."  I asked "How much?"  "$116".

I didn't have any money of my own at the time.  So I asked my mother - who just came back from grocery shopping.  I said "Mom, Could I have $116 for a dentist appointment right now?"  After shopping for a family of five, she had EXACTLY $116 for me to see the dentist.

Sometimes things just work out.  Have faith that where there is a will to serve the Lord, a way will be provided.  I can't think of a more noble cause than to help with medical expenses for your mother who has cancer.  Trust the Lord, and have faith in your leaders.  You will be able to serve.

I assume that committing to serve a mission means you must have had some personal revelation that you are supposed to serve a mission.  That means it's a commandment.  The Lord will NOT give a commandment that you can not fulfill.

Don't worry about the money not even one second more.  Counsel with your Bishop.

The last thing you should be thinking about is money. I think that it is great that you were able to save almost half of what a mission costs. That you had to use it for your moms cancer treatment shouldn't bother you at all. There is a church missionary fund and the ward missionary fund. ANYONE who wants to serve will be able to. I served in Mexico and all of my companions were from Mexico. I do not want to generalize but "my" companions came from very humble situations and were still able to serve. Talk to your bishop don't delay your mission by even one day.

Talk to your Bishop and explain your family's circumstance and he maybe able to use Ward or Stake mission funds to cover the cost of your mission. Also if your mom's medial expenses are going to be on going and hard for your family to afford have them discuss it with the Bishop and he may be able to use Ward or Stake Fast Offering Funds to help with the medical issues.