Managing Attachments

• 4 weeks later...

So my questions are now going to be:

1)  What browser are you using?

2)  What kind of file are you trying to attach?

3)  Are you using desktop, mobile or tablet?

I'm just curious as to how you posted this as of June 12th... and it's June 10th at 12:10am PDT?

2014 :D

I'm strongly suspicious I'm simply doing it wrong :D

1) Firefox 30.0

2) A .png, but really I just can't see how to upload anything.

3) desktop

Screenshot: I see no method to upload?

Screenshotfrom2014-07-10074933_zps2e820b

Pam, on your post I don't have permission to view your attachment, and it seems attachments don't quite work as I'd hoped anyway.

I thought it would be an easier (as it is on other forums I frequent) way to embed a picture I have saved on my local computer instead of uploading it to some photo sharing site first.

Actually I think it's using Firefox.  Many things aren't working using Firefox or IE.

It's strange that you can't see the picture I posted.

I tried Chromium 34.0 (essentially chrome) and it's exactly the same as Firefox. Googles Chrome 35.0 is also the same. I don't have access to IE atm since I'm in Ubuntu.

Did you simply go into the Attachment Manager? Does your attachment manager have an upload button where mine doesn't per my screenshot?

When I hit "More Reply Options" at the bottom it has a place to upload an attachment.

The manage attachments is only to manage your attachments..not to upload attachments.  My attachments I have done are showing in my "manage your attachments" and gives me the option to delete them etc.

Okay.  I found that the permissions to upload or download was not set.  Only admins had the capability.  I think I have all of the forums set for it now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...