Bytor is back part deux!

bytor2112

Greetings from the land of the living and the blessed! After spending some time reading and adding a few posts late Thurdsday evening and battling what I believed to be some severe heart burn, I finally went to bed about 11:30 central time for some shut eye. About 4:30 AM the heartburn returned with a vengeance and included profuse sweating and after self diagnosing and debating with my wife over the merits of seeing a doctor she took control and ordered me into her car and raced to the emergency room. The short version is I had a heart attack and passed away briefly after being admitted..had I not listeded to my wife I would no doubt be mingling with Spirits.

More of the story to come.....

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from the land of the living and the blessed! After spending some time reading and adding a few posts late Thurdsday evening and battling what I believed to be some severe heart burn, I finally went to bed about 11:30 central time for some shut eye. About 4:30 AM the heartburn returned with a vengeance and included profuse sweating and after self diagnosing and debating with my wife over the merits of seeing a doctor she took control and ordered me into her car and raced to the emergency room. The short version is I had a heart attack and passed away briefly after being admitted..had I not listeded to my wife I would no doubt be mingling with Spirits.

More of the story to come.....

O.O

Indeed glad you're still in the land of the living. welcome, back and prayin that things go well for ya.

I am doing quite well and feel fine now. I do have to have some surgery to deal with but my cardiologist said it should be a piece of cake and if I take care of myself will live 40-50 more years. Not sure how I will have enough money to live that long...

I am just 49 years old, don't drink or smoke, eat very healthy, have normal cholesterol and have lived in a gym for years...Doc said, genetics and stress.

I am doing quite well and feel fine now. I do have to have some surgery to deal with but my cardiologist said it should be a piece of cake and if I take care of myself will live 40-50 more years. Not sure how I will have enough money to live that long...

I am just 49 years old, don't drink or smoke, eat very healthy, have normal cholesterol and have lied in a gym for years...Doc said, genetics and stress.

Hope you continue to improve. Good luck with that upcoming surgery.

• 1 year later...

16 months post open heart surgery and I feel AMAZING! I had no idea that I wasn't feeling well.....go figure. Life is pretty much like nothing bad ever happened and I am back to the gym again and doing whatever I want.....maybe even better,

My LDL cholesterol is 60....weird and I had one 100% blocked artery and three more that were nearly 100% blocked. Anyways, I am going to post more about the whole experience from cardiac arrest to surgery and recovery. Maybe it will be useful to someone...

The irony is that I had been away from the forum for a year or so and posted "I'm back" the night before the heart attack.About 6-7 hours after posting "I'm back" I was in the ER flat lining. Should have stayed gone....

Edited by bytor2112

16 months post open heart surgery and I feel AMAZING! I had no idea that I wasn't feeling well.....go figure. Life is pretty much like nothing bad ever happened and I am back to the gym again and doing whatever I want.....maybe even better,

My LDL cholesterol is 60....weird and I had one 100% blocked artery and three more that were nearly 100% blocked. Anyways, I am going to post more about the whole experience from cardiac arrest to surgery and recovery. Maybe it will be useful to someone...

The irony is that I had been away from the forum for a year or so and posted "I'm back" the night before the heart attack.About 6-7 hours after posting "I'm back" I was in the ER flat lining. Should have stayed gone....

Glad your back and still with us ....

Ok, now you need to post tomorrow to let us know that you are still back and nothing awful has happened.....

Guest LiterateParakeet

Yeah, this place can be stressful.  ;)  

Glad you are better.  I'd love to hear more of your story.  I've been studying death and dying (I'm fine it's just a scholastic/spiritual pursuit).   

I would very much find any information you would be willing to share to be useful. I am 33 and my father had a heart attack at 44, so I am trying to avoid that fate. (To be fair, my father did smoke three packs of cigarettes a day).

Were there any warning signs beforehand? Was the chest pain just like heartburn? Were there other warning signs? Was there anything you could have done to prevent this, or was this completely just fate? (It sounds like it was fate, being caused by genetics).

I don't mean to pry, but I am interested in any information I can get to try and avoid heart disease in my future, if possible.

I would very much find any information you would be willing to share to be useful. I am 33 and my father had a heart attack at 44, so I am trying to avoid that fate. (To be fair, my father did smoke three packs of cigarettes a day).

Were there any warning signs beforehand? Was the chest pain just like heartburn? Were there other warning signs? Was there anything you could have done to prevent this, or was this completely just fate? (It sounds like it was fate, being caused by genetics).

I don't mean to pry, but I am interested in any information I can get to try and avoid heart disease in my future, if possible.

DL...I am going to post a lot about my experience this week-end. But, the short answer is YES....many warning signs that I did not recognize or was willfully blind to and they began several years before the heart attack. The heart attack itself began on a Monday and ended on a Friday. It did feel like severe heart burn as well as other symptoms....but I was/am a gym rat and the thought that I was having a heart attack was not a consideration.

First symptom of a heart attack is.....denial. More to come....