Yoga pants that don't show garments

Sunday21

• 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about the "garment line"  on the pant leg?  That could be the type of garment too - the new carinessas don't roll up on the bottom so the line is not obvious especially in dark colored yoga pants.

Disclaimer:  I don't wear garments when I work out, so I don't know how the Carinessa would hold up on strenuous activity like that.

From Handbook 2: "Endowed members should wear the temple garment both day and night. They should not remove it, either entirely or partially, to work in the yard or for other activities that can reasonably be done with the garment worn properly beneath the clothing. Nor should they remove it to lounge around the home in swimwear or immodest clothing. When they must remove the garment, such as for swimming, they should put it back on as soon as possible."

I used to remove my garments to work out until I realized (grew up enough, I guess) that I could very reasonably wear them when doing so. I was making excuses (primarily sweat) that, in my mind, do not qualify as reasonable.  However, the handbook also says:

"Members who have made covenants in the temple should be guided by the Holy Spirit to answer for themselves personal questions about wearing the garment."

Therefore, it is incorrect to state "garments not needed', as it would also be incorrect to state, "garments required". It is a question to be taken to God and the Holy Spirit. But one should always err on the side of wearing them if it is reasonable to do so. The wearing of the garment is a privilege (this plays into how I grew up in my attitude a bit), and we should be look for reasons to wear them, doing so whenever possible, rather than the other way around. The blessings and covenants associated with them are far to precious to treat the wearing of them with a cavalier attitude.

I agree with TFP.  I wear my garments for yoga--but not necessarily for other sports.  I try to be sensible and thoughtful in my reasonings and I currently feel comfortable for my standards.

Keep in my mind I've met a handful of people who have bought very particular swimsuits that will allow them to cover their garments while they swim.

I will say that most people I've gotten around to discussing the garment question for sports and exercise have put a bit of thought into their choice and I'd say that's what matters, that one isn't taking off garments for sports "just because".

I've never done yoga in my life.  I do wear yoga pants to work out though (running) because I feel too "exposed" in nothing but running shorts.  I like to wear my knee-length yoga pants (or cycling shorts) under my running shorts.  I would overheat if I layer it over garments.  So, I usually only wear garments under yoga pants when I'm just doing work around the house.  Yes, you can see the line if you pay close attention to it, but as I don't pay too much attention to what I'm wearing around the house, it's not bad at all.  I'm fairly certain it will be just fine out in the gym too.

You can get the garments that come down to your ankle if your concerned about the line. you may have to special order those however.

I live by the three S's with regards to not wearing the garment.

Do you?  I have a few such pairs for certain pants and I can just walk right in and buy them at our local distribution center.