Issues when visiting another stake

NightSG

Not to mention the song is a thinly veiled celebration of date rape. Good gravy. 

Copperhead Road is an open celebration of carrying on granddad's moonshining tradition by growing marijuana at the old still site.

Party Rock Anthem: "I'm running through these hoes like Drano"

Timber: "Face down booty up, that's the way we like to work.  Slicker than an oil spill, she say she won't but I bet she will."

And yet at the 80s themed dance, they cut off Like A Virgin halfway through as "too inappropriate."  

So, taking a date to the East Coast Swing night tomorrow has turned into at least a double date with another Church couple from an hour the other direction.  I'm thinking in a couple of weeks we might post it to the D/FW singles group and see how much of a crowd it draws.

(Not doing it this time because I've been to a couple of singles activities with this woman already, and finally got a date with her.  Not overly thrilled about it turning into a double date, but that does show there's potential for the group to get some ideas.)

What I'm really hoping for is the folks in D/FW to get hooked on the concept of a dance with real partner dancing music, no inappropriate lyrics and a volume level that doesn't leave folks' ears ringing, then return en masse to demand some changes at the Church dances.

Locally, I'm trying to open up a dialog with some other churches and a community center or two in the three counties folks have been expressing interest in.  Asking around for someone to teach, I've found three married couples so far who would love to have a "date night" option besides dodging drunks at one of the three bars with dance floors around here, so we're looking at making it open to all adults rather than just singles.  If we can find a venue, (or rotate between several churches to help nullify the "I'm not going to a Mormon/Catholic/Methodist/Lutheran/whatever dance because it's just bait to try and convert us" argument...maybe even rotate through the counties so each can have a monthly dance) a few people to teach and a time that works for everybody, we might be able to get something going here.  There are a lot of broke college students here who would love a dance and potluck on Friday or Saturday night, even if just to get a good meal for the cost of a $3 tub of potato salad to contribute to the table.

According to one of the attendees, http://www.centraljerseydance.org/ started off as what we're hoping to do and grew from there over the course of about ten years.  I'd want to stunt its growth around the $5 admission stage, ($10-15 each isn't going to draw in too many students even if there's food included) but it looks like the idea can work.