Apostles and CTR rings

Zaq33

Not a CTR ring, but semi-topical:

Pres. Hinckley used to wear a very noticeable ring--looked like black onyx, maybe, with a diamond set in the center.  I had seen photos of Pres. Hunter wearing a nearly-identical ring, and for a while I thought maybe it was something that got passed down from prophet to prophet. 

Haven't seen it on President Monson, though . . .

Pres. Hinckley used to wear a very noticeable ring--looked like black onyx, maybe, with a diamond set in the center.  I had seen photos of Pres. Hunter wearing a nearly-identical ring, and for a while I thought maybe it was something that got passed down from prophet to prophet. 

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about <wink>

polls_250px_Marvolo_Gaunt_27s_Ring_4428_

I guess some prophets do have the keys for resurrection after all.

This article: http://mormonsoprano.com/2010/11/04/ctr-symbol-celebrates-40-years/  - about the history of the CTR symbol and ring quotes from Brigham Young and Elder. L. Tom Perry and ends with the important point:

...it is certainly not a piece of jewelry, or a logo that is singularly important to our religion. Rather, it is the potential the symbol has for reminding and motivating us, beginning at a young age, to Choose the way of Christ, each and every day. Because walking the Right way, is the recipe from God for true peace and happiness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! You just read my mind, I was now going to post about it and was wondering the same thing! I don't like that ring at all, not sure why, kind of creep me out. x_x

• 2 weeks later...