hi!

searchingbeliever

Hello all, 

My name is Martin, and I am interested in learning more about the Church of Latter-day Saints. I am currently non-denominational.

A little backstory...I have never been a religious person in my life; didn't believe, didn't feel God's presence. I came from a religious upbringing, so, I understand the teachings, but, I did not believe in it. For the last few months, however, I have begun to feel His presence in me. Its...something I can't really explain, but, I just began to feel the need to seek out the Lord, and to pray to Him constantly. I have also felt the need to serve Him, and am seeking out my path to do so, which, has led me to this point. 

I have always admired the Mormon faith from afar; their commitment to God above all else, to family, to their faith was something I thought highly of, but, being that I wasn't a believer, it was simply admiration. But now...I guess my question is, where do I start? How should I approach this, for lack of a better term, investigation into the Mormon faith and what should I expect? 

Hello all, 

My name is Martin, and I am interested in learning more about the Church of Latter-day Saints. I am currently non-denominational.

A little backstory...I have never been a religious person in my life; didn't believe, didn't feel God's presence. I came from a religious upbringing, so, I understand the teachings, but, I did not believe in it. For the last few months, however, I have begun to feel His presence in me. Its...something I can't really explain, but, I just began to feel the need to seek out the Lord, and to pray to Him constantly. I have also felt the need to serve Him, and am seeking out my path to do so, which, has led me to this point. 

I have always admired the Mormon faith from afar; their commitment to God above all else, to family, to their faith was something I thought highly of, but, being that I wasn't a believer, it was simply admiration. But now...I guess my question is, where do I start? How should I approach this, for lack of a better term, investigation into the Mormon faith and what should I expect? 

The LDS church has a world-wide missionary program.  The missionaries job is to help people learn about the church and become member.  You can go to http://www.mormon.org/ click the chat icon at the upper right and begin talking with one right now.

If you are not quite ready to engage the missionaries just yet you can browse around  Mormon.org and get a feel for our beliefs.  At some point you are going to want to read the Book of Mormon.  We have quite a few differences from other Christan faiths and the Book of Mormon is the entry point for those differences.  The missionaries can get you a hard copy of it or you can find it on-line here https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

As for what to expect that really depends on the path you take.  The missionaries can guide you personally if you chose to engage them.  And we can answer some of your questions here (remember here we are a collection of individual with our own opinions and experiences and even some non members so we are not official)

Hello all,

Then witness up close instead of from afar. We would love to have you attend...come on in the water is warm. :)

People will talk to you, like saying hello and stuff. It is geniune kindness I found, and I am not one who normally likes talking to people, they have a sort of way in bringing people out of their shell.

Or maybe its the spirit, I donno, but get all you can read and read! That's the best thing to do to really learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning.

And Pray and Read and ask for God's Presence to Guide you in everything you believe.Download the App,it is great if you have an I pad.Its the Gospel App.I would advise reading Pearl of Great Price and the Statements of Faith there,I think if you listen to people who are getting what they know from people who havent read as I Was then we are mis informed.I am not Lds,but am reading daily and learning more.Read what the Presidents taught,you may not agree with everything,but where do you go that you do.Ask questions its ok:)