Jan's Visiting Teaching Msg

AFDaw

Here is a link

http://www.lds.org/gospellibrary/0,5082,4-1,00.html

Here is the message. :D

Visiting Teaching Message

Feeling the Love of the Lord Daily in Our Lives

Ensign, January 2004

Prayerfully select and read from this message the scriptures and teachings that meet the needs of the sisters you visit. Share your experiences and testimony. Invite those you teach to do the same.

Bonnie D. Parkin, Relief Society general president: "If I could have one thing happen for every woman in this Church, it would be that they would feel the love of the Lord in their lives daily. I have felt the love of the Lord in my life, and I am so thankful for that" ("Feel the Love of the Lord," Liahona, July 2002, 95; Ensign, May 2002, 84).

As We Love Him, What Does Our Gracious God Promise Us?

1 Corinthians 2:9: "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

2 Nephi 1:15: "The Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love."

President Gordon B. Hinckley: "Love of God is the root of all virtue, of all goodness, of all strength of character, of all fidelity to do right. . . . Love the Lord your God, and love His Son, and be ever grateful for Their love for us. Whenever other love fades, there will be that shining, transcendent, everlasting love of God for each of us and the love of His Son, who gave His life for each of us" ("Words of the Living Prophet," Liahona, Dec. 1996, 8; "Excerpts from Recent Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley," Ensign, Apr. 1996, 73).

1 Nephi 11:22–23: "The love of God . . . sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things . . . and the most joyous to the soul."

What Can We Do to Feel the Love of the Lord Each Day?

Jacob 3:2: "Lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."

Elder Gene R. Cook of the Seventy: "True gratitude is the ability to humbly see, feel, and even receive love. Gratitude is a form of returning love to God. Recognize His hand, tell Him so, express your love to Him. As you come to truly know the Lord, you will find an intimate, sacred relationship built on trust. You will come to know He understands your anguish and will, in compassion, always respond to you in love.

"Receive it. Feel it. It is not enough just to know that God loves you. The gift is to be felt continually day by day. It will then be a divine motivator throughout your life. Repent. Remove any worldliness from your life, including anger. Receive a continual remission of your sins, and you will bridle all your passions and be filled with love" ("Charity: Perfect and Everlasting Love," Liahona, July 2002, 92–93; Ensign, May 2002, 83).

Feeling the Love of the Lord through Exercising Faith

Ensign, February 2004

Prayerfully select and read from this message the scriptures and teachings that meet the needs of the sisters you visit. Share your experiences and testimony. Invite those you teach to do the same.

How Can We Access the Power of Faith?

Alma 32:28: "If ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, . . . ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed . . . for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me."

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "Faith exists when absolute confidence in that which we cannot see combines with action that is in absolute conformity to the will of our Heavenly Father. . . . Only when our faith is aligned with the will of our Heavenly Father will we be empowered to receive the blessings we seek" ("Shall He Find Faith on the Earth?" Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2002, 83–84).

Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "The exercise of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is always subject to the order of heaven, to the goodness and will and wisdom and timing of the Lord. That is why we cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord's will and in the Lord's timing" ("Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ," Ensign, May 1994, 100).

Eliza R. Snow (1804–87), former Relief Society general president: "Faith [is] energy. . . . We must be energetic" (as reported in Morgan Utah Stake Relief Society Minutes and Record, 29 July 1882).

In What Ways Can We Experience the Lord's Love through Faith?

Helaman 5:47: "Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith."

Bonnie D. Parkin, Relief Society general president: "As we exercise faith in the Lord, we learn to trust that His promises to us will be fulfilled. We have confidence that we will not be left alone, for the Lord will be our source of strength. His peace that passeth understanding will fill our souls. Sisters, seek faith in the Savior first."

Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "Don't look for a life virtually free from discomfort, pain, pressure, challenge, or grief, for those are the tools a loving Father uses to stimulate our personal growth and understanding. As the scriptures repeatedly affirm, you will be helped as you exercise faith in Jesus Christ. . . . Faith in Christ means we trust Him; we trust His teachings. That leads to hope, and hope brings charity, the pure love of Christ—that peaceful feeling that comes when we sense His concern, His love, and His capacity to cure us or to ease our burdens with His healing power" ("To Be Healed," Ensign, May 1994, 8).

Elder Neal A. Maxwell of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "We can say: 'I know that [God] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things' (1 Nephi 11:17). There have been and will be times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line: We don't know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us, and knowing that, for the moment, is enough" ( "Not My Will, But Thine" [1988], 119).

• 3 weeks later...

Feb Visiting Teaching

Feeling the Love of the Lord through Exercising Faith

Ensign, February 2004

How Can We Access the Power of Faith?

Alma 32:28: "If ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, . . . ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed . . . for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me."

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "Faith exists when absolute confidence in that which we cannot see combines with action that is in absolute conformity to the will of our Heavenly Father. . . . Only when our faith is aligned with the will of our Heavenly Father will we be empowered to receive the blessings we seek" ("Shall He Find Faith on the Earth?" Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2002, 83–84).

Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "The exercise of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is always subject to the order of heaven, to the goodness and will and wisdom and timing of the Lord. That is why we cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord's will and in the Lord's timing" ("Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ," Ensign, May 1994, 100).

Eliza R. Snow (1804–87), former Relief Society general president: "Faith [is] energy. . . . We must be energetic" (as reported in Morgan Utah Stake Relief Society Minutes and Record, 29 July 1882).

In What Ways Can We Experience the Lord's Love through Faith?

Helaman 5:47: "Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith."

Bonnie D. Parkin, Relief Society general president: "As we exercise faith in the Lord, we learn to trust that His promises to us will be fulfilled. We have confidence that we will not be left alone, for the Lord will be our source of strength. His peace that passeth understanding will fill our souls. Sisters, seek faith in the Savior first."

Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "Don't look for a life virtually free from discomfort, pain, pressure, challenge, or grief, for those are the tools a loving Father uses to stimulate our personal growth and understanding. As the scriptures repeatedly affirm, you will be helped as you exercise faith in Jesus Christ. . . . Faith in Christ means we trust Him; we trust His teachings. That leads to hope, and hope brings charity, the pure love of Christ—that peaceful feeling that comes when we sense His concern, His love, and His capacity to cure us or to ease our burdens with His healing power" ("To Be Healed," Ensign, May 1994, 8).

Elder Neal A. Maxwell of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: "We can say: 'I know that [God] loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things' (1 Nephi 11:17). There have been and will be times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line: We don't know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us, and knowing that, for the moment, is enough" ( "Not My Will, But Thine" [1988], 119).