The World and its Creation

Lakumi

Maybe it's that anthropocentristic thinking that distracs us from greater insights. The reality is much grander and God has  more grandeur (I like these American adjecives and nouns that sprang from French) than our imagination is even able to recognize and understand. It's my insight that the power of God even can make things and events unhappen. What is a universe for HIM? There was a terrible event that has struck you or you've heard about it on the news and you can't forget it? Perhaps one day you wake up in another "reality" and your life will be similar to your actual life but without that event. It doesn't exist and it has never been existing. This gives me an answer on the old question why God allows the evil and awful things to happen. HE can wipe them away, simply delete them, the way our conciousness fades down when we die and wake up in a better world filled with HIS divine love and mercy.

I believe there is a divine plan, and evolution is a part of this plan, so we shouldn't see evolution in contradiction with the creationism, but more as a result of it. And who can say God's creation has come to an end yet? The universe will still be lasting for billions of years, and who knows what mankind's destination will be? Will Jesus be sent to Earth and the Millenium will begin (but what is a millenium in comparison to eternity...?) or will God send us to the stars and enable mankind one day for interstellar journeys, through spacetime, and will HE offer us HIS universe with its uncountable galaxies and worlds...? I don't know.

What do you mean by making "events unhappen"?  Are you implying that G-d would would use his power to create a lie and cover up something up in a manner that it would seem to have never been?

I would suggest that you council the L-rd on his improper use of the word "exalted" in scripture.  (D&C 63:55)

Obviously when I talked about an exalted spirit - I was not talking about exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom.  Likewise the L-rd was not indicating that Sidney Rigdon was Celestializing himself. 

Again, you tend to see things as all or nothing, black and white, ones and zeros.   There are many examples of many words that are used for various meanings, even the word "spirit is used for various meanings.  This is why I explained to you that "If that is how exaltation is defined then ...."   I specifically clarified the definition I was using, if that definition then.  You are trying to use it as an all or nothing definition and then trying to pin me down on the "one" definition as if there are no others.  I have already said, it depends on how you are using the word.   It took you this long to say "I was not talking about exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom" even though there was repeated effort to have you specify that.

If you agree there is different uses of the word then you would have to agree that the condition of being "exalted" depending on its use could be describing different states of being.  There is only one of those uses that goes along with the state of being in which there is no more falling from that state which is the type of exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom.  You were talking about a different type of exalted state, for example, when you mentioned that you thought Lucifer was once exalted and fell from that state.  I am okay with that because I realize there are different uses of the word "exalted".  

Maybe it's that anthropocentristic thinking that distracs us from greater insights. The reality is much grander and God has  more grandeur (I like these American adjecives and nouns that sprang from French) than our imagination is even able to recognize and understand. It's my insight that the power of God even can make things and events unhappen. What is a universe for HIM? There was a terrible event that has struck you or you've heard about it on the news and you can't forget it? Perhaps one day you wake up in another "reality" and your life will be similar to your actual life but without that event. It doesn't exist and it has never been existing. This gives me an answer on the old question why God allows the evil and awful things to happen. HE can wipe them away, simply delete them, the way our conciousness fades down when we die and wake up in a better world filled with HIS divine love and mercy.

I believe there is a divine plan, and evolution is a part of this plan, so we shouldn't see evolution in contradiction with the creationism, but more as a result of it. And who can say God's creation has come to an end yet? The universe will still be lasting for billions of years, and who knows what mankind's destination will be? Will Jesus be sent to Earth and the Millenium will begin (but what is a millenium in comparison to eternity...?) or will God send us to the stars and enable mankind one day for interstellar journeys, through spacetime, and will HE offer us HIS universe with its uncountable galaxies and worlds...? I don't know.

I would think that most LDS scientists that believe in evolution and therefore also believe in creation would say that evolution is a result of the Fall of Adam and Eve and not as a result of the creation.   One would have to show that evolution was taking place in the Garden of Eden to say that evolution comes from the creation and that would be even harder to prove than it already is.  I would venture to say there was no evolution going on in the Garden of Eden as there was no death.  From my understanding, death has to take place to have evolution.  Death was brought on by the Fall of Adam and Eve.  The Fall was made possible by the creation but is not a direct result of the creation.  The Fall was a transgression - an act against the laws established by the creation, falling outside of the laws of creation.  We now live outside the laws of creation, which is a fallen world.