Clean video games?

Animals

I'm having a hard time finding video games that don't have suggestive content in them.  I don't like shooting games, I'm an rpg type person.  I was playing this one game that a few mormons have suggested, but I feel like it's just not right. Try to think about if you would go to the temple after playing this game (not that you would play video games the day you were going to the temple o.o) Thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...

I'm having a hard time finding video games that don't have suggestive content in them.  I don't like shooting games, I'm an rpg type person.  I was playing this one game that a few mormons have suggested, but I feel like it's just not right. Try to think about if you would go to the temple after playing this game (not that you would play video games the day you were going to the temple o.o) Thanks in advance :)

Journey, myst Series, Portal 1 and 2 (unfortunately for one you have to get the orange pack which i believes involves team fortress and half life). Aquaria, altho its concept of Gods and what they do can be a bit unsettling or depressing (the story is rather dark). Escape velocity, Escape Velocity Override, Escape Velocity Nova, realmZ, Nox, maybe planescape torment,

Mega Punch, Machinarium,

If you have an older system I highly recommend the Exile series by spiderweb software or its spiritual succsessor the Geneforge series. I also highly recommend escape velocity Nova (It's a spaceship RPG, you never see any people in the game).

RPG wiseyour going to be hardpressed to find any RPG that doesnt include a few bikini outfits.

Edited by Blackmarch

RPG wiseyour going to be hardpressed to find any RPG that doesnt include a few bikini outfits.

Or worse, I bought witcher 2 because it was on sale in steam. Absolutely great game... terrible though, it's just filled with filth. I can't even play it. I guess I should take a gander at ratings before I react to sales eh?

Or worse, I bought witcher 2 because it was on sale in steam. Absolutely great game... terrible though, it's just filled with filth. I can't even play it. I guess I should take a gander at ratings before I react to sales eh?

that one's bad. well ratings are a good place to start but like the movie industry often times it leaves a lot of leeway in any direction.

Journey, myst Series, Portal 1 and 2 (unfortunately for one you have to get the orange pack which i believes involves team fortress and half life). Aquaria, altho its concept of Gods and what they do can be a bit unsettling or depressing (the story is rather dark). Escape velocity, Escape Velocity Override, Escape Velocity Nova, realmZ, Nox, maybe planescape torment,

Mega Punch, Machinarium,

If you have an older system I highly recommend the Exile series by spiderweb software or its spiritual succsessor the Geneforge series. I also highly recommend escape velocity Nova (It's a spaceship RPG, you never see any people in the game).

I haven't beat Planescape, but what I've played isn't bad.  If you like that one, you could try Baldur's Gate, and Baldur's Gate II.  Both are solid and, as I remember, not offensive.

I haven't beat Planescape, but what I've played isn't bad.  If you like that one, you could try Baldur's Gate, and Baldur's Gate II.  Both are solid and, as I remember, not offensive.

Love both of those. but you tend to get bit more of the standard fare of fantasy type clothing. nothing too bad tho, at least from what i can remember.

Love both of those. but you tend to get bit more of the standard fare of fantasy type clothing. nothing too bad tho, at least from what i can remember.

Oh, a little bit, I guess. It's so pixelated I forgot. Anyone can look it up on YouTube though and decide if it's more than they feel they should see.

I'm waiting for Civilization: Beyond Earth to come out this month.

I am always going to pick the Transhumanism group.

Oh, yeah, Civ games are good.  I've only played Revolution, and I guess some of the cleavage is a little more prominent than it should be, but I'd say a relatively clean game.

I like final fantasy 14. It does have a lot of battling but I do little of that preferring to do gathering, crafting, marketing, gardening and working on my house and for my free companies garden supplies. 
Pick moral people to play with and it makes the game much more fun and clean. I learned to either form my own group or be in the leadership so that I have control over the goings on. It avoids a lot of the common issues of foul mouths, immoral talk etc. 
The thing to do is control your game. If you cant then its the wrong game for you anyway. 

Skyrim. Fus. Ro. Dah.

fun game, very interesting story line. definitely no modesty issues with what you get out of the box. Incredible game engine. And i like how they do treat both sides of the conflict.

I wouldn't recommend it due to violence, and some vary dark sidelines. That and it will suck you in lol.

Edited by Blackmarch

fun game, very interesting story line. definitely no modesty issues with what you get out of the box. Incredible game engine.

I wouldn't recommend it due to violence, and some vary dark sidelines. That and it will suck you in lol.

In the Book of Mormon, we have a dude who lops the arms off of a score of dudes and leaves their bleeding, armless selves to go get medical attention! :D

In the Book of Mormon, we have a dude who lops the arms off of a score of dudes and leaves their bleeding, armless selves to go get medical attention! :D

I really hope thats a joke  (also I wasn't referring to just all the decapitation that happens in skyrim.)

I think it was Helaman who had the best attitude- "that with sorrow they began the work of death" (paraphrased here)

something most games, or most action movies do not promote. which was one thing i loved about a lot of star trek (more the older stuff).

it's one thing to have to do it real life, or the necessity of having to document it for historical and teaching purposes- but it starts to get creepy when you start to think of it in terms of entertainment.

don't get me wrong I've quite enjoyed the game when i played it (and it is really well done, as well as many other action oriented media), that being said, i'm coming to recognise there is something inherently wrong in obtaining entertainment from the focus of simulation of death/violence- even if its under the simulation of defense and justice. And it is something i'm trying to move away from. It's more disturbing when it gets that detailed rather than in the abstract ( such as blowing up the death star in X-wing).

so in a christian environment I try to steer clear of violence or lean towards the more abstract side of things in that regard, if someone asks for suggestions in regards to certain qualifications.

Edited by Blackmarch