Clean video games?

Animals

Or worse, I bought witcher 2 because it was on sale in steam. Absolutely great game... terrible though, it's just filled with filth. I can't even play it. I guess I should take a gander at ratings before I react to sales eh?

The Witcher franchise is definitely not appropriate for children. The gameplay is very dark and gritty, and does have some graphic cut scenes that would probably make most people uncomfortable to some degree, but it is an excellent story to follow and the gameplay is intriguing. I've been a Witcher fan for awhile and I'm excited to checkout Witcher 3 when it's released on PS4.

The Witcher franchise is definitely not appropriate for children. The gameplay is very dark and gritty, and does have some graphic cut scenes that would probably make most people uncomfortable to some degree, but it is an excellent story to follow and the gameplay is intriguing. I've been a Witcher fan for awhile and I'm excited to checkout Witcher 3 when it's released on PS4.

Ya straight up sex and nudity is something i'd say is inappropriate. unfortunately such scenes are becoming more common across the board, in all genres.

Ya straight up sex and nudity is something i'd say is inappropriate. unfortunately such scenes are becoming more common across the board, in all genres.

I've been kind of amazed at how much sex and language are becoming common place in video games.  A lot of it seems to come from the idea that gamers are getting older and they want to make games more 'mature'.  Here's an idea, how about you make them with themes that would interest older players instead of trying to reach for the lowest common denominator of violence, the F word, and sex?  I've been bugged.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Nintendo recently bring back Balloon Fight?  Loved that one growing up.

I think I saw someone mention Journey.  If you ever get the chance to play that, or ThatGameCompany's other games; Flower, and Flow, play them.  The best part about those games is they are all very serene games that are essentially impossible to fail at and have stories hinted at but largely left up to your own imagination to interpret.

Journey is a little guy in red(or white later) trying to reach a mountain in the distance.

Flow is a small creature in some liquid swimming around eating other creatures to grow

Flower is you controlling the wind to brush past flowers and interact with nature.(sounds lame ... but it's really beautiful)

On mobile devices Strata is a great puzzle game my wife and I have been playing.

We also have enjoyed the LEGO video games.  You do smash everything in sight.. but they just break up into lego blocks and those games focus on light-hearted humor over serious stories.  They are also ones where there is no such thing as a game over. 

I recently installed the Sims: Midieval. Seems pretty fun.  Patrick Stewart is the narrator so +1 just for him.

Didn't Nintendo recently bring back Balloon Fight?  Loved that one growing up.

I think I saw someone mention Journey.  If you ever get the chance to play that, or ThatGameCompany's other games; Flower, and Flow, play them.  The best part about those games is they are all very serene games that are essentially impossible to fail at and have stories hinted at but largely left up to your own imagination to interpret.

Journey is a little guy in red(or white later) trying to reach a mountain in the distance.

Flow is a small creature in some liquid swimming around eating other creatures to grow

Flower is you controlling the wind to brush past flowers and interact with nature.(sounds lame ... but it's really beautiful)

On mobile devices Strata is a great puzzle game my wife and I have been playing.

We also have enjoyed the LEGO video games.  You do smash everything in sight.. but they just break up into lego blocks and those games focus on light-hearted humor over serious stories.  They are also ones where there is no such thing as a game over. 

I recently installed the Sims: Midieval. Seems pretty fun.  Patrick Stewart is the narrator so +1 just for him.

the lego games are hilarious. I enjoyed watching my friend play it lol just for all the cutscenes.

Sorry for late posts and all, but, does it make it a sin to play that Zelda game if some things in it give me "bad" feelings.?

If you got bad feelings, you might want to stop playing it. As for 'is it a sin', I'd say, pray to God, telling him that you played it, how it made you feel, and what you plan to do in the future, and then don't worry about if it's a sin or not.  Trying to figure that out could lead to fixating on it, which isn't a terribly healthy way to look at God, sin, repentance, etc.

Guest MormonGator

I've beaten OOT several times-it's probably my favorite game of all time. I honestly can't remember anything vulgar/questionable in it. 

Not saying it isn't there-just that I can't remember it. 

Just started Dragon Age: Inquisition and I'm more than halfway through gameplay. I'm not sure what the rating is, I'm in my 30's, but I haven't found it to be explicit at all. There is romancing, which allows characters to flirt with and court other characters, but it is an optional route and can be avoided entirely if you so desire. To adjust the game to even more "kid friendly" levels, you can go into options and turn off "gore". You won't see any blood shed when your warrior swings his sword around.

Since Christmas, I have been playing super smash bros for the wii u, Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, and Shovel Knight. All three are fantastic. Smash bros and pokemon have some immodestly dressed characters, but I have yet to find anything bad in shovel knight. The worst in it is characters drinking what looks like wine, and magical items. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great game.

• 1 month later...

Oh ya, how could I forget, Homeworld series... soon to be rereleased as a remastered edition. Awesome series, good story, good visuals.
It's a Space RTS- the worst thing about it is you will be engaging in space vehicular combat to keep your people alive... that and you get to see the people's planet nuked (star trek genesis like) so the only survivors are the one's in the spacefleet and the ones that were only moved to the colony ship.