Clean video games?

Animals

Majora's Mask just came on the 3ds. It is fantastic. 

Ooh- need to get my hands on that soon.  I haven't had too much time to play that much video games recently, but I like em' alot.  I own a Wii U, 3DS, and Xbox 360 (dusty, mind you).  Haha, but yeah I used to be a big COD junkie and everything but, not a fan of those kind of games anymore.  The ones that you play online for hours and hours... Big waste of time in my opinion.  Good clean games?  Almost anything nintendo really.  It's why I enjoy them so much.  They put out games that are fun for everyone.  Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, anything in that nature.  Anyway, hope everyone has a good night!

I would caution against team fortress 2, altho it is cartoony, (and i do like its twisted humor).. but it's definitely not something i would recommend under any christian context. cartoon gun violence and gore (no guts but plenty of beefsteaks with red paint) is high in that game. But out of the first person shooters i'd take it over a lot of other games in the same genre (realisticness is low, sex content is almost nil, low to none language problems, just a lot of focus on blowing the other guys into pieces along the way to plant or steal a flag).
If you still have no clue what i'm talking about and want to know more about the game you can go to youtube and type in "Meet the pyro", "Meet the medic", "Meet the engineer", "Meet the Soldier" this game makes for a pretty good doorway drug tho so be warned.

I recently got a steam account, and have had a hard time finding games. Any suggestions? Preferably free, since I don't have money to spend on games right now

I hate steam. However if you have a steam account "Portal" is Awesome. ( i think to get the first portal you have to get it with team fortress tho, however the second game is standalone). as well as really clean worst thing about it is you can die (and you will die a lot)..... and you may have to destroy a sentient AI or 2. And a lot of companion cubes. I don't stay up to date on the daily freebie unfortunately.

may i make an eeensy weeensy tiny suggestion if you like games?
Go check out gog.com

Edited by Blackmarch

As an avid gamer, I can personally say I have never played a perfectly clean game. Such a thing does not exist. It's media, just like movies. Even the Lion King has violence.

That being said, stick to Nintendo and Disney based games if you are trying to keep safe, especially sexually. I didn't start playing videogames until I aged in for the ratings I was playing, and that is a suggestion I hold very strongly for everyone, not just for Mormons. And most games I played when I was younger I played with my father, who knew when to stop things.

Epic Mickey, Viva Pinata, some old games like Blinx the Time Sweeper and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Zoo Tycoon (and any of the tycoon games such as Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc) are the most innocent games I've played. Rayman has some question content in some of it's editions, but it is an excellent game if you don't play too wildly in the bonus content in the menu.

Always remember, these things are often what you make them. If Legend of Zelda gives you bad thoughts, I can honestly insist it is not the game... If very delicate and appropriate things are stimuli for you, seek professional help. Trust me, I know. Once you let your mind on that track, anything can affect it. Finding a way to get off of it is the key.

Me, I don't mind the violent or scary games. To me they are just games, and I respect anyone who believes otherwise! I've just been so avid for so long, I don't like to miss out on all the good and positivity games give me.

That being said, games i suggest to avoid...

Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row

For reasons

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MormonGator

Has anyone played the Metroid Prime Trilogy? I've been thinking of getting it for the Wii U

Yes. The original for Gamecube was incredibly difficult, but it also immersed you in a great story. I was worried when I found out it was going to be FPS, but it's one of the best games I ever played. Clean too. No sexuality and the only violence is sci-fi. I still haven't beaten it. 

The sequels I just couldn't get into. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest LiterateParakeet

Yes. The original for Gamecube was incredibly difficult, but it also immersed you in a great story. I was worried when I found out it was going to be FPS, but it's one of the best games I ever played. Clean too. No sexuality and the only violence is sci-fi. I still haven't beaten it. 

The sequels I just couldn't get into. 

Wait....you said "it immersed you in a great story"....are some video games like a "choose your own adventure" book.  I mean there is a story line, and you are an active participant?   I had no idea.  THAT sounds intriguing to me.  My only experience with video games has been of the PacMan and Tetras variety, LOL.  

Wait....you said "it immersed you in a great story"....are some video games like a "choose your own adventure" book.  I mean there is a story line, and you are an active participant?   I had no idea.  THAT sounds intriguing to me.  My only experience with video games has been of the PacMan and Tetras variety, LOL.  

Most of the good modern home video games (PC and console) are like this.  Coin-op games had to be like Pac-Man and Tetris because you came in played and left.  PC's and consoles have a save feature, and most of the big games for the past 20 hears have had hours of storyline.  Skyrim for example (excessively violent btw but can be toned down a little with mods) has about a 70 or so hour playthrough if you just to the major quests.  If you want to do absolutely everything you can figure on 200-300 hours of story.  Of course then you'll have to play it again because taking some paths excludes taking others. 

Guest LiterateParakeet

Most of the good modern home video games (PC and console) are like this.  Coin-op games had to be like Pac-Man and Tetris because you came in played and left.  PC's and consoles have a save feature, and most of the big games for the past 20 hears have had hours of storyline.  Skyrim for example (excessively violent btw but can be toned down a little with mods) has about a 70 or so hour playthrough if you just to the major quests.  If you want to do absolutely everything you can figure on 200-300 hours of story.  Of course then you'll have to play it again because taking some paths excludes taking others. 

Fascinating!  Thanks.  I might just have to try this...bonding with my sons, you know!

• 2 weeks later...