Blessings

echosparks

Since I can't get baptized (see old posts) and obviously can't date even if I was in the church, I basically have to wait till after I die to have a forever family and to get the blessings someone is supposed to get in church? My "family" here on earth is way too screwed up.

I've heard that me being trans. may have been a blessing for me from Him. Why/how could it be a blessing if it directly makes me ineligible to join His church? 

I did a priesthood blessing about 3 weeks ago since my hearing is getting worse. I will have new hearing aids for both of my ears by Thanksgiving and I'm only in my 20s. I had my first aid for one ear for the last 12 months and it stopped working 6 months ago.

Anyways the YSA parent who did it already knows I'm trans. and about my hearing issues. After he started it and said my current name (which was legally changed a few years ago) he asked me for my birth name. And I gave it to him.
He said he was prompted for it but I'm not so sure. I think it may have been that he thought he would need my birth name to give a correct blessing to me? But there were things said in it that I haven't told anyone at church about before. 

Since I can't get baptized (see old posts) and obviously can't date even if I was in the church, I basically have to wait till after I die to have a forever family and to get the blessings someone is supposed to get in church? My "family" here on earth is way too screwed up.

I've heard that me being trans. may have been a blessing for me from Him. Why/how could it be a blessing if it directly makes me ineligible to join His church? 

I did a priesthood blessing about 3 weeks ago since my hearing is getting worse. I will have new hearing aids for both of my ears by Thanksgiving and I'm only in my 20s. I had my first aid for one ear for the last 12 months and it stopped working 6 months ago.

Anyways the YSA parent who did it already knows I'm trans. and about my hearing issues. After he started it and said my current name (which was legally changed a few years ago) he asked me for my birth name. And I gave it to him.
He said he was prompted for it but I'm not so sure. I think it may have been that he thought he would need my birth name to give a correct blessing to me? But there were things said in it that I haven't told anyone at church about before. 

Although the formal instructions for giving blessing indicate that the person is to be called by name, I don't think the name has any bearing on the validity of the blessing.  The blessing would be just as valid if no name was stated at all.

In your own words:

"I can get baptized but I'd have to stop living as a man, stop taking hormones, and stop attending priesthood (my bishop told me I could go where I feel comfortable. And yes i know i could never hold the priesthood). That's what the mission Pres. and first presidency said. "

So who is telling you that you can't get baptized?

About blessings: Anyone can be given a blessing. To receive a blessing, faith is almost always required, and the will of God is always required. It may require incredible faith.

Sometimes faith demands a lot of strength, but it will never demand more than we are able to give. Faith is the first principle of the Gospel and is requisite for baptism. Are you willing to exercise the faith that is needed for baptism? Your struggle with identity can be a blessing if you have enough faith and humility to give heed to the counsel you have been given. Is it going to be easy to overcome? Not likely, but the Savior knows what you are going through. We all have "bitter cups" that we have to drink from. We don't have to like it, but we must drink if we are going to triumph over our mortal weaknesses.

You are a child of God. He loves you. You can overcome with the help he has provided.

Edited by Str8Shooter

In your own words:

"I can get baptized but I'd have to stop living as a man, stop taking hormones, and stop attending priesthood (my bishop told me I could go where I feel comfortable. And yes i know i could never hold the priesthood). That's what the mission Pres. and first presidency said. "

So who is telling you that you can't get baptized?

That's what the mission Pres. and first presidency said.

About blessings: Anyone can be given a blessing. To receive a blessing, faith is almost always required, and the will of God is always required. It may require incredible faith.

Sometimes faith demands a lot of strength, but it will never demand more than we are able to give. Faith is the first principle of the Gospel and is requisite for baptism. Are you willing to exercise the faith that is needed for baptism? Your struggle with identity can be a blessing if you have enough faith and humility to give heed to the counsel you have been given. Is it going to be easy to overcome? Not likely, but the Savior knows what you are going through. We all have "bitter cups" that we have to drink from. We don't have to like it, but we must drink if we are going to triumph over our mortal weaknesses.

You are a child of God. He loves you. You can overcome with the help he has provided.

I was told by the local missionaries back in May that the mission pres. who had supposedly talked to the first pres. over the phone in response to the letter I wrote the first pres. about me possibly being able to get baptized, had said no.

So if I never end up getting baptized before I die, where does that leave me when I die? Would I still have to have been married here on earth if I COULD even get to the first level of heaven?

Please forgive me for bringing up the baptism thing again, but I am still not understanding something. If you are denied baptism, you have to be given very clear reasons why. I don't want you to share the reasons if you are not comfortable, but if it's okay I'd like to know specifically what the reasons are.

If these are the reasons: "I'd have to stop living as a man, stop taking hormones, and stop attending priesthood..." you are not being denied baptism. Your actions are preventing you from being baptised.

There is a HUGE difference between "You cannot be baptized" and "You can be baptized if..."

I don't know how to answer your question about where you will be if you die without baptism. If you know what you need to do to be baptized and you don't try to do it.........that's pretty serious. Much more serious than someone who has never heard of the Gospel.