How Will the Resurrection Occur?

Silhouette

Just to say that it is all matter doesn't speak of whether it is of a different type.  D&C suggests they are different, "

There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;

We cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter."

In other words, when the body is changed from a type that can't see fine matter to one that can then we will see that it is all matter but realize there are different types, one of which is fine and can only be discerned by the purified body. 

When we say "physical" we realize there is more than one type of "physical", it is not all one in the same.  Otherwise a physical body would not have to be transfigured to withstand the presence of God.

I think you are jumping to conclusions.  Just because we do not "see" something does not mean that we cannot discern it.  In addition modern science has increased our understanding of matter and determined that when the revelations you quoted were given that over 90% of the universe consists of matter that  cannot be seen.  But since such matter does not fit your paradigm of assumptions you reject the empirical evidence for unfounded interjection.

I am not saying that dark matter and dark energy is spirit matter (eternal matter) - only that the possibility be considered.

The best way to understand what will be is in understanding what is.   I believe the great lesson of existence is learning that the only way to take care of the future is to take care of the present.

I enjoy seeing and listening when new discoveries happen in science, as we come to know more about this universe I see more of how the Lords hand plays in it.  Think of the smallest objects we know of quarks and leptons currently.  Yet there are elements that make up those.  God knows all of this and all elements of life obey his command. 

When the resurrection happens we will be restored with a perfect body.  Even for those creamated will be restored.  God knows our gneome of our bodys and every particle thats needed for it.  I have faith he will restore us no matter the outcome our physical body goes through in this life. 

I think you are jumping to conclusions.  Just because we do not "see" something does not mean that we cannot discern it.  In addition modern science has increased our understanding of matter and determined that when the revelations you quoted were given that over 90% of the universe consists of matter that  cannot be seen.  But since such matter does not fit your paradigm of assumptions you reject the empirical evidence for unfounded interjection.

I am not saying that dark matter and dark energy is spirit matter (eternal matter) - only that the possibility be considered.

The best way to understand what will be is in understanding what is.   I believe the great lesson of existence is learning that the only way to take care of the future is to take care of the present.

I reject that idea knowing that all of the creation around us, the universe etc is just temporary.  It will be done away with and made anew.  And I reject the idea knowing that there is a difference between fine matter (matter that is not temporary) and course matter (matter that is corrupt and not made to last but a time).  There is nothing that says the two have to be mixed together is some great mixing pot.  When we receive an eternal body, it too will be made of eternal material, not the material that is temporary as all of that will be done away with.

We are here in circumstances to bury our dead according to the order of the Priesthood. But some of our brethren die upon the ocean; they cannot be buried in a burying ground, but they are sewed up in canvas and cast into the sea, and perhaps in two minutes after they are in the bowels of the shark, yet those persons will come forth in the resurrection, and receive all the glory of which they are worthy, and be clothed upon with all the beauty of resurrected Saints, as much so as if they had been laid away in a gold or silver coffin, and in a place expressly for burying the dead."

(bold added)

The type of bodies we have here we will have in the next life but they will be perfected.  If perfecting a corrupted body is no big deal than I suppose there is not much difference from our current body to the one we will posess in the next life.  If one thinks that the paradisiacal body that was posessed by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden was not changed much when it fell from that state to similar conditions of our current state than I can see how one would believe that it is no big thing to change this body into an eternal one.

Christ' body was different than ours.  If one doesn't believe that then they don't believe that He was the Only Begotten, that His Father of His body was Our Heavenly Father.  That is very unlike our body now.  Yes there are many similarities and indistinguishable features but Christ was the only one who could do the things He did and it required that He be the Only Begotten and have an Only Begotten body.   Could Christ be Our Savior with a body that was begotten by Joseph and Mary alone?  Something to ponder why one thinks that way.

The last paragraph quoted from Brigham Young suggets that it really doesn't matter where the body is lain at death and what it's condition because those people will still be clothed with an eternal body.  This suggests that it doesn't require the actual material used while in this probationary state to perform resurrection.  The buriel and the rise from the grave is symbolic just like the bread we eat and the water we drink every week is not actually Christ's felsh and blood.  When Christ said "eat of my flesh" he didn't break off a piece of His actual flesh but this is symbolic of partaking of a different kind of flesh, an Only Begotten type of flesh.  We should not maintain any affinity for the treasures of this world and that includes the corrupted body that turns to dust in the end. 

Matthew 6; "19 ¶Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

What matters most is where one's eye is.  If we burry our treasure and keep our hearts and eyes on that burried treasure that turns to dust than we are not looking at true treasure which is in Heaven where the treasure is not corrupted.  Symbolically speaking, look up not down.   Give up your own flesh and replace it with Christ's flesh and blood.