Confession box

rustedwithlove

We Latter-Day Saints don't have these, do we?  :itwasntme:

Just kidding, of course, but thinking about that gives me the opportunity to do what I've done on a few other forums. The "confession box" is a place where, acknowledging that you're online and thus have some "comfort," as it were, you can vocalize a confession of yours. For example, some of the confessions I've heard are "I'm a big fan of 'Weird Al' Yankovic" (just an example; I LOVE the man and am not ashamed to show it) or "I'm infatuated with [user]'s avatar."

To be fair, I'll begin:

I am very lazy on General Conference morning sessions. I have a TV in my room that can receive BYUTV; when Conference rolls around, I wake up about two minutes before it begins, then roll over, get ahold of the remote control, and turn on BYUTV. I don't know how controversial this is on the outset, but I have to further confess that I kind of wish more Sunday mornings could be like this. ;)

Be it therefore known to all nations, races, kindreds, tribes, and tongues that I am hopelessly in love in Judi Dench (formally known as Dame Judith Olivia Dench, CH DBE FRSA) and that I would be overjoyed if I could meet her just one time to thank her for the enjoyment she has given me.  And she's a very devoted Christian (Quaker), too.

By the way, if your Netflix queue is scraping bottom and you like Britcoms, try "As Time Goes By" (also available on Amazon Prime streaming). 

Oh, and I have a 2nd confession as well.  I am a gentle man, slow to anger and endless in patience... but I totally lose it when I go to a salad bar and get stuck behind some bozo who moves down the line at a glacial pace, uses the tongs to transfer one pea at a time onto the plate, and slowly ponders every vegetable and dressing with more contemplation than I do when buying a new car. 

I have to confess I have trouble opening up (confessing) both online and in real life XD

Makes me uncomfortable, but I guess that's part of life  :lol:

For my confession I watch my little p o n y and enjoy it, but the only reason I tell people (if I do. except this time...maybe...) is to see their reactions, which I find amusing. I've gotten mostly support from people IRL, and online is mixed. It can also be amusing in video games, as player names...on occasion when doing fairly well people get really upset. Which is amusing. It's sorta trolling, but it's the type of trolling that people have to want to make themselves upset about it. There seems to be a stigma about this, which I worry about.

Edited by Crypto

AngelMarvel, you're a monster!

This is hard and I know it will shock many of you, but my interests tend toward the geeky side. I love Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, and basically any good, clean fantasy.

Boy, it feels good to get that out in the open.

Guest LiterateParakeet

My confession is that one of the reasons I was looking forward to conference is: 10 hours of guilt-free knitting time!  (I watch the Priesthood session when it's posted online.)  

That and I have a celebrity crush on Sean Connery--that man gets better looking every year!

I want to trip everyone who leaves General Conference early in order to beat traffic.

I want the people in the Conference congregation that talk and giggle the whole time to be locked in a minivan for 13 hours with a screaming baby.

Edited by Str8Shooter

I find it hard to pay attention in Sacrament meeting or Elders Quorum without playing Tetris on my phone. I know it sounds strange, but something about Tetris makes my brain focus better on what's being said.

Fortunately, it hasn't been an issue with my Elders Quorum instructors.

I find it hard to pay attention in Sacrament meeting or Elders Quorum without playing Tetris on my phone. I know it sounds strange, but something about Tetris makes my brain focus better on what's being said.

Fortunately, it hasn't been an issue with my Elders Quorum instructors.

I have trouble listening or watching lectures without an activity too!

It is very common among people who are kinesthetic learners to seemingly "multitask", which unfortunately for Kinesthetic learners is very distracting to other types of learners. You might be one.

(Or you could just be distracted :P   )