Struggling with the teaching that there will be polygamy in heaven

emi

The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them. (Journal of Discources 11:269)

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_polygamy/Brigham_Young_said_that_the_only_men_who_become_gods_are_those_that_practice_polygamy

Just remember that God is Love, as well as being just and merciful. if an individual is going to become like Him perfectly they will gain those attributes in their nature.

If polygamy is required it won't be an issue for those who are able to attain such attributes. If it's not required then that is fine too.

If it isn't part of your "faith", you won't participate (i.e. you are not required to participate). I doubt your concerns are observing others. I am more in-line with Anatess' comments. Fact is, in life, we have filters;  lots and lots of filters.  It will be great when we can see the plan clearly.  Until then, I'm not going to sweat what I don't understand.

Don't worry about it. We might not understand all things now we will some day. the things to work on is getting to the kingdom u want to be in and when we get there we will then understand the reason s I'm sure of that or we wouldn't of made it to that kingdom

Edited by Roseslipper