What Is the Status Update Thingy?

• 1 month later...

I see a button for "status update", but when I use it, it just shows stuff that a few other people have written a long time ago. I see nowhere to enter anything of my own. Is it still in use? If so, how do I access it to enter my own comments?

You can find all your own posts when you open your profile (click on "Silhouette") and then click on "posts" (left side down), or move the cursor  to "Silhouette"  and choose "my content".

But I can't find a button for "status update" - and I don't have an idea what it could be for. Would you again describe step by step the procedure so that it could be retraced?

Edited by JimmiGerman

You can find all your own posts when you open your profile (click on "Silhouette") and then click on "posts" (left side down), or move the cursor to "Silhouette" and choose "my content".

But I can't find a button for "status update" - and I don't have an idea what it could be for. Would you again describe step by step the procedure so that it could be retraced?

Sure, I'd be glad to. But I'm coming in from a mobile device, using the mobile version of the site, so I wonder if that's why you and Pam can't see it if you're on computers.

Anyway, when I sign in, I'm taken to the main page of the forums. I can scroll to the top, and in the upper right hand corner there is a little box with 4 square buttons in it. I click on that and it opens up a full screen of the box, and the buttons in it are labeled with things like New Content, Messages, Forums, etc., and one of the buttons is labeled Status Update. When I click on it, it just opens up a window with a bunch of posts from people ages ago, and I can't navigate beyond that. I guess it's not that important, but I didn't want to miss anything here on the site, so I just wondered what it was for.

Thanks for any information.

Edited by Silhouette

Sure, I'd be glad to. But I'm coming in from a mobile device, using the mobile version of the site, so I wonder if that's why you and Pam can't see it if you're on computers.

Anyway, when I sign in, I'm taken to the main page of the forums. I can scroll to the top, and in the upper right hand corner there is a little box with 4 square buttons in it. I click on that and it opens up a full screen of the box, and the buttons in it are labeled with things like New Content, Messages, Forums, etc., and one of the buttons is labeled Status Update. When I click on it, it just opens up a window with a bunch of posts from people ages ago, and I can't navigate beyond that. I guess it's not that important, but I didn't want to miss anything here on the site, so I just wondered what it was for.

Thanks for any information.

Try "New Content" - that actually must show you the latest / recent posts of the site. If I click on "View Latest Content" in the upper left hand corner it shows me all recent posts.  I don't know exactly what "Status Update" means, but perhaps it shows you the latest posts of those threads where you once have posted s.th. (like in "My Content" where I can find the threads in a descending order where I once have posted s.th.) - that might give an answer why it's showing you some posts "ages ago". I don't know the mobile version of this site (and I didn't even know there was a difference), but it obviously seems to be different, and that's of course why I can't see the constellation / the buttons you are describing.

Edited by JimmiGerman

Try "New Content" - that actually must show you the latest / recent posts of the site. If I click on "View Latest Content" in the upper left hand corner it shows me all recent posts. I don't know exactly what "Status Update" means, but perhaps it shows you the latest posts of those threads where you once have posted s.th. (like in "My Content" where I can find the threads in a descending order where I once have posted s.th.) - that might give an answer why it's showing you some posts "ages ago". I don't know the mobile version of this site (and I didn't even know there was a difference), but it obviously seems to be different, and that's of course why I can't see the constellation / the buttons you are describing.

Yes, I have a "New Content" button which I've always used to view the latest posts since my last visit. The "Update Status" button is separate from that. I guess it's just on the mobile version of the forums. I guess it will just have to remain a mystery LOL. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out though.

Yes, I have a "New Content" button which I've always used to view the latest posts since my last visit. The "Update Status" button is separate from that. I guess it's just on the mobile version of the forums. I guess it will just have to remain a mystery LOL. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out though.

So it still remains a mystery...