Could we please invent this already?

Sunday21

I want a washing machine that sits on top of the dryer, finishes the wash, and drops the clothes into the dryer, which dries the clothes and then spits the clothes into a basket. And hurry! I have lots of laundry!

I want a robot to teach me the waltz so I can practice in my basement.

I want a hypoallergenic cat and dog.

I want a housemaid robot.

What about you?

I want a kitchen floor and a shower that get cleaner the more you use them.

I want a dishwasher that puts the dishes back into the cupboards when the dishes are done.

I want a car that changes its own oil.

For a good laugh, take a look at this YouTube video.  It was made in 1957 and imagines the house of the future.  Good thing our kitchens didn't turn out this way... I'd get seasick from all those appliances and cabinets moving around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowfYuhx1-o

I want a washing machine that sits on top of the dryer, finishes the wash, and drops the clothes into the dryer, which dries the clothes and then spits the clothes into a basket. And hurry! I have lots of laundry!

I want this too, and I'd be willing to pay extra for an attachment that also folds and puts clean laundry away.

How about a refrigerator that keeps inventory and lets you know when to replenish it while simultaneously tracking mold spores and disposing of expired produce so that those lurking left-overs don't cause you to lose your most recent meal. Maybe it will even generate recipes based on its contents that conform to individual preferences and restrictions. 

I want my baseball Cardinals to win the World Series....... :)

This isn't a wish list thread.  It's a please invent this thread.  So you want them to invent a winning Cards team?

I want a machine that does the opposite of a microwave. Instead of warming things up, it cools them down.

Really, my soda is getting warm and watered down. ;)

This is also a great need for those of us with kids who think dinner needs to be out of the oven for at least 45 minutes before it's consumable.

But don't they just taste amazing!?

Yes, they do.  There are few pleasures as great as freshly baked wheat bread, fresh butter, and sugar.

I have an idea for a new invention: a bread machine with a battery backup.  When I made the first loaf in my machine 20 years ago, I had to get all kinds of scary things from the grocery store: yeast and flour and molasses and other stuff that was pretty expensive.  I remember grumbling as I poured all the ingredients into the machine.  Half-way through the cycle, the power went out in my house.  When I got home, I saw the stalled machine and looked in the user's manual for instructions on how to reset the machine and recover my loaf.  The manual said, "If cycle fails to complete, remove pan and discard contents."  Gr-r-r-r-r-r...

Yes, they do.  There are few pleasures as great as freshly baked wheat bread, fresh butter, and sugar.

I have an idea for a new invention: a bread machine with a battery backup.  When I made the first loaf in my machine 20 years ago, I had to get all kinds of scary things from the grocery store: yeast and flour and molasses and other stuff that was pretty expensive.  I remember grumbling as I poured all the ingredients into the machine.  Half-way through the cycle, the power went out in my house.  When I got home, I saw the stalled machine and looked in the user's manual for instructions on how to reset the machine and recover my loaf.  The manual said, "If cycle fails to complete, remove pan and discard contents."  Gr-r-r-r-r-r...

One of these, or similar.

One of these, or similar.

That's one of the kind that lasts long enough for you to cleanly shutdown a computer and that's about it. Better have a nice diesel generator to kick in before the loaf of bread goes to waste.

Not overkill *at all*