What's the Name of Your Ward?

Silhouette

This is one of those threads for those that want to have some anonymity would probably be best not to answer. :)

Oh. I thought that just giving the name but not the city would be ok. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the same name could be used multiple times throughout the Church, but it would be the city that would distinguish it from other wards with the same name. That's why I said, "No city, of course,"

Sorry if I have made anyone uncomfortable. I'm in Sycamore ward, but I guess I thought there could be a hundred other wards by the same name.

Oh. I thought that just giving the name but not the city would be ok. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the same name could be used multiple times throughout the Church, but it would be the city that would distinguish it from other wards with the same name. That's why I said, "No city, of course,"

Sorry if I have made anyone uncomfortable. I'm in Sycamore ward, but I guess I thought there could be a hundred other wards by the same name.

There's 9, and many of them aren't just "sycamore ward". LDS.org has a feature that let's you search for wards. Mine shows like 111 results. I like 2nd ward!

I'm still bouncing from one temporary address to another these days, but I'll end up somewhere in the "Green Valley" stake.

I'm glad the Church picks pleasant geographical names for wards and doesn't use names from Scripture. I'd hate to belong to the Gadianton Ward.

LOL another ward that meets in our building is the Hidden Lake ward. Beautiful names...

LOL another ward that meets in our building is the Hidden Lake ward. Beautiful names...

You know, I think the Church has a process for picking new names for wards.  They run down to Home Depot, grab some of those paint chips with color names like "Sunrise Meadow" and "Forest Glade," cut them up, and draw them from a hat.  

The suburb I live in has three stakes.  We've lived in the same house for over 25 years.  We've been in three different numbered wards and two stakes while in this house.  There's over 30 wards in our city. Most of them are numbered, a couple of them are named.

My son in law is a deputy and attends the other unit in our building. He is usually packing as well. No one knows this cause you can't see it with a suit on.....but I know it's there.

We have a police officer who is still on duty. I leave mine in the car up until recently you could not carry in a Church unless you one duty. Now anyone can with a carry permit. Sadly there have been a number of Church shootings during my lifetime.

So, why are we talking about carrying guns at church in this thread?

When I was 19 or so, my stake reorganized some boundaries, turning three wards into four.  Previously they had been the Oregon City 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Wards.  They were renamed for the local areas they encompassed -- nothing to do with scriptures: Newell Creek Ward, Willamette Falls Ward, etc.  Now, though, they're back to numbers, and there are five wards in that city.