What's the Name of Your Ward?

Silhouette

So, why are we talking about carrying guns at church in this thread?

When I was 19 or so, my stake reorganized some boundaries, turning three wards into four.  Previously they had been the Oregon City 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Wards.  They were renamed for the local areas they encompassed -- nothing to do with scriptures: Newell Creek Ward, Willamette Falls Ward, etc.  Now, though, they're back to numbers, and there are five wards in that city.

It's all my fault.....I started it.....:)

I am in the Kentville Ward for the last 12 years, I joined in the Halifax Ward 18 years ago.

While Kentville is a town name it is not where I live, up here we are spread out and our Ward covers 5 towns.

However I don't worry about letting people know where I live so:

I live outside Berwick Nova Scotia, Canada. The closest weapon I have to pack would be a novelty sword a friend from Pakistan gave me as a wedding gift. (It was a gag.)

All of our Wards Branches and Twigs are named after a nearby town.

The only odd exception is our temple. It is located in Cole Harbour but is called the Halifax Temple. Don't know if it is because Halifax was the Largest city (only 20 min. drive.) or because it is in the Halifax-Dartmouth Stake.

Although shortly after the temple was built the province amalgamated Cole Harbour, Dartmouth, Halifax, Bedford and Sackville into the Halifax Regional Municipality in order to make the name of the temple correct!!

Just kidding about why they amalgamated but perhaps the Temple name was divine intervention as the Lord knew it would fit better in a couple of years.