If you were not LDS what religion would you be?

omegaseamaster75

Gnosticism. Certainly Gnosticism, Gnostic Gospel and scriptures, external-biblical Gospels. In the way of Catharism. I mean, as I'm not LDS anyway, in any case, I'd be a Gnostic. For me, it's one of the most obvious interpretations of our being and existence,  of Christianity and God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism

Edited by JimmiGerman

In my unceasing thirst for the original source of pure, eternal truth, I probably would consider becoming a Messianic Jew.

Unfortunately however, it has become increasingly apparent that ALL organized religious institutions, including my own chosen faith, The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, have for MANY , MANY years, been successfully infiltrated and corrupted, as evidenced by willful collaboration with the unbridled tyranny of contemporary government despotism.

In my unceasing thirst for the original source of pure, eternal truth, I probably would consider becoming a Messianic Jew.

Unfortunately however, it has become increasingly apparent that ALL organized religious institutions, including my own chosen faith, The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, have for MANY , MANY years, been successfully infiltrated and corrupted, as evidenced by willful collaboration with the unbridled tyranny of contemporary government despotism.

Are you saying that the LDS church is corrupt?

@ PAM, Et Alii:

I've already been kicked out of the Armed Forces Retirement Home, and must now live through this Winter sleeping in my pickup truck, because I too freely expressed my personal opinions.

Are you trying to get me kicked out of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, too?

It might help a little to view my posted comment in the "SHAKEN FAITH SYNDROME" discussion thread, while bearing in mind that I'm probably a lot older than you and/or the majority of the other folks frequenting this forum are.

Also, for a much more detailed explanation, I invite you to go to my own personal web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE", and read my post, "MY AMERICAN RELIGION".

Here is the conventional computer Internet URL for that post:

http://writesong.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-american-religion.html

Thank you.

Edited by writesong

@ PAM, Et Alii:

I've already been kicked out of the Armed Forces Retirement Home, and must now live through this Winter sleeping in my pickup truck, because I too freely expressed my personal opinions.

Are you trying to get me kicked out of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, too?

Pam has no power to get you kicked out of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

But if you look closely under her name you will see the title of administrator.  Which means she (and a few others like her) can kick you out of LDS.net (which is independent of the LDS church)

Her job is to enforce the rules around here...  You can find the rules here. http://lds.net/forums/forum-3/announcement-1-ldsnet-rules-please-be-familiar-with-these-rules-before-posting/

Everyone agreed to these rules when they signed up.  Most people don't have a problem with following the rules, but some people are to busy pushing their own agenda to be bothered to follow the rules they agreed to.  She is simply trying to do her job, and determine which category you fall into.

@ PAM, Et Alii:

It might help a little to view my posted comment in the "SHAKEN FAITH SYNDROME" discussion thread, while bearing in mind that I'm probably a lot older than you and/or the majority of the other folks frequenting this forum are.

Also, for a much more detailed explanation, I invite you to go to my own personal web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE", and read my post, "MY AMERICAN RELIGION".

Here is the conventional computer Internet URL for that post:

http://writesong.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-american-religion.html

Thank you.

I don't see where you feel her or myself are trying to get you kicked out of the church. You stated and or mentioned there was some type of corruption in the church. We have asked for you to share or explain what your talking about. I am not one of the administrators here ....I am just some dude behind a screen.

Brethren and Sistren:

The problem I have with responding to your queries on this topic in this forum, is that once I get started, I don't know when to shut up.

Thus, as a consequence, I now find myself kicked out of the Armed Forces Retirement Home and spending this Winter sleeping in the cargo bed of my pickup truck.

For whatever it's worth, the short answer to your questions is, "YES".

But, that is something you must determine for yourself.

Basically, I'm an old man, and as I see it, the United States of America that I was born in is not the United States of America we live in today, and The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints that I was baptized into when I was twenty-one years old is not The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints that I am so uncomfortable in today.

However, I value my membership in The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, and I rather enjoy the opportunity to participate in this web site, so I choose not to say anything further regarding this matter.

I am not diplomatic in my manner, nor am I gifted with tact.

I utterly DESPISE any and all "Politically Correct" terminology, for I know it for the terrible evil that it really is, where it originated, who its author is, and what its purpose is.

If you really MUST know what my views are on various subjects, then I invite you to peruse my own personal web site, "OUR ETERNAL STRUGGLE".

But, if you do, don't be surprised if you're greatly offended by my commentary.

Thank you.

Edited by writesong

If Christian--this.

There can be only one true Christianity:  either the original or the restored version.  All the others are offshoots.

FWIW I understand protestant faiths believe Catholicism drifted from truth and that they represent a return to what is taught in the bible.

If I weren't LDS and went with another brand of Christianity, I don't know if I'd go with Catholicism or Protestant faith. I do admire the tradition and ritual of the former, but also the simplicity of the latter. One thought that might make the choice is the fact I don't care much for organized religion aside from the LDS faith.

If I weren't LDS and went with another brand of Christianity, I don't know if I'd go with Catholicism or Protestant faith. I do admire the tradition and ritual of the former, but also the simplicity of the latter. One thought that might make the choice is the fact I don't care much for organized religion aside from the LDS faith.

Protestant churches aren't always simple in their worship. The Lutherans, for example, can be quite ritualistic or liturgical. So can the Methodists. But I know what you mean...