Please give me your thoughts!!

jacksonp

...and misses us...

Not to be too nit-picky, but how can He miss us when he has past, present, and future always before him, sees all things, constantly hears us, knows us, sees us, etc., etc., etc...? I'm not sure missing us plays into it.

But, I know, I know...nit picky.

Not to be too nit-picky, but how can He miss us when he has past, present, and future always before him, sees all things, constantly hears us, knows us, sees us, etc., etc., etc...? I'm not sure missing us plays into it.

But, I know, I know...nit picky.

If he misses us, I think it is missing the ability to communicate with us on a perfect and celestial level because of our unbelief.

If he misses us, I think it is missing the ability to communicate with us on a perfect and celestial level because of our unbelief.

Interesting. Perhaps. Though, did we ever have the ability to communicate with Him on that level? Maybe that's part of what it's all about, eh? :)

Does God need us?

I believe that God could not have reached such heights by Himself.  That may sound blasphemous to most people of religion but the word God, to me, is one that suggests He belongs to a society of others.

We are told that the greatest commandment is to love God with all our heart and to love our neighbor as our self.  If these are the greatest commandments and we reach towards His greatness by following His instructions then I am sure that He reached that greatness by His love for others.

We are told a metaphoric description of the Kingdom of God as being like the sun, as one.  Whereas the Telestial Kingdom is a separation from others.  Even in that metaphoric sense, things that isolate and individualize are lesser compared to things that are made "one" (meaning joined with many others).  An individual cannot become like God by herself.

Even understanding that the society of God is made up of families tells us that He could never be God by himself.  This is the basic unit of the organization of God, it requires a spouse and children.