Favorite Day(s) of the Year

Iggy

The last 3 years I haven't even put up a Christmas tree.  With some kids gone it just didn't seem worth the effort. This year I will have all 3 of my kids around for Christmas so I'm doing the whole Christmas thing.  Excited about this.

The last 3 years I haven't even put up a Christmas tree.  With some kids gone it just didn't seem worth the effort. This year I will have all 3 of my kids around for Christmas so I'm doing the whole Christmas thing.  Excited about this.

My wife and I do not put up a tree anymore. Have not done so in a few years. We both know it's Christmas and know why we celebrate it. We enjoy being with our family, but we still do not decorate.

I wouldn't bother decorating for any of the holidays anymore, but I have a 5 yr. old granddaughter, when she is over for a visit, insists on going into my storage room and finding the decorations for whatever holiday is next. She gets so much excitement and joy out of decorating. It's contagious.

I haven't decorated for any holiday since - - - um, uh - - - 1999. The Thanksgiving I left my 1st husband. I put a fall wreath on my front door. 

For Christmas I strung lights inside on the exposed windows, and put up my three miniature nativity sets. The *tree* I had was 2 ft. tall one I got at Big Lots along with all of the tiny ornaments and tiny lights. My Maine Coon Cat had a lovely time batting the tree off of the stereo set so she could lie on the set. Loved the warmth and vibrations.

The next year, I painted the 5' x 5' windows of the house I moved into. No way could I afford new lights for the three windows. Again my cat didn't like where I put the tiny tree. think she just didn't like the tree - because no matter where I put it, she would knock it off onto the floor. 

2001 I gave up on the decorations. I did still make my christmas cards and got them out before New Years Day.

2002 through to-date, haven't done anything for any of the holidays except to use seasonal table cloth, place mats and napkins (all cloth). If I can find the tree, I may set it up on the dining room table as a center piece or on the buffet - out of the way. Maybe this year I will wash the windows and apply the x-mas clings. The windows haven't been washed since Oct 2010! The cats I have now, don't give a hoot what decorations are up, just as long as their litter boxes are clean, water & food dishes full and we don't chase them down to over cuddle them, they are happy campers. 

My second favorite day of the year is Husband's birthday. 21 April. He is so easy to please. Provolone Cheese Hamburger and fries from the local burger joint for lunch and pizza w/tossed salad side for dinner. 

We don't put up our Christmas tree until Christmas Eve, then we take it down immediately after Christmas, usually within 3 days of having put it up.

We have 6 cats who would just love to tear the tree to shreds, and we have to put them in the back part of the house for the time the tree is up. Fortunately we have a door separating the two parts of the house so as long as we keep that closed, we're good.

As for what my favorite holiday is, I guess it would have to be Thanksgiving or Christmas, because the kids come home from college at those times.

Edited by Silhouette

November 12th is my favorite day of the year  :thrasher:

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is brilliant! I love that members of one of my all-time favorite groups, Savatage, make up a few of it's founding members.

I am so excited for Christmas this year. Gwendolyn is 4 years old and this one will be the start of the magic

Edited by talisyn