Special Stake Conferencce

Sammy414

We found out yesterday at church that our stake will be realigning the boundaries of the wards. We are having a special stake conference in a few weeks where they will be presenting the changes. Has anyone else been to one of these meetings before? I'm just wondering what goes on at the meeting, and what to expect. Thanks!

We've lived in the same house for the last 26.5 years. Our ward boundary has changed about 5 or 6 different times. (The joys of living in a growing city in Utah). When we first moved into our community it had one Stake in it.  It now has 5. In fact, just last week our Stake realigned some of the ward boundaries, which included our ward.  Our meeting was just a half hour meeting where a song and prayer opened and closed the meeting. In this meeting they had several slides showing the maps of the old ward boundaries and then new boundaries. It was all very concise and to the point--In other words, no drama. The Stake President mentioned that a lot of prayer had gone into the decisions.

This time, there were no bishop changes. In the past, where new bishops are assigned, we are told who the new bishops are along with the counselors etc. Then we as individual wards have the opportunity to sustain them. Hope this helps.

Edited by classylady

My experience has been similar to ClassyLady.

You show up at the stake center, stake presidency announces the new boundaries and gives everyone a map of them.  They then answer any questions.  Usually done within 30 minutes, and the next Sunday you go to your new ward.   If you can't make it to the meeting, new boundaries are posted online.  

As a side note: these type of things usually make the rumor mill go crazy.  While amusing, speculation ultimately doesn't get you anywhere.

You will also be asked to sustain said changes. If my memory serves me right. N

Our stake split into two not too long ago.  All the Stake Leaders and Bishops got announced in the meeting but they were not sustained then.  They got sustained the next Sunday at our local ward's sacrament meeting.

Our stake split into two not too long ago.  All the Stake Leaders and Bishops got announced in the meeting but they were not sustained then.  They got sustained the next Sunday at our local ward's sacrament meeting.

Was not meaning sustain the Bishops. I have seen it where boundary changes were done the membership was asked to sustain the action.

When our stake was split we sustained the changes but not the Bishoprics being changed.  That was done in the wards as you wouldn't be sustaining a Bishop that was not to be yours. That's an individual ward thing.  So what Palerider is describing is what I've seen.