Good clean books?

Animals

cool. well if i come across one i'll take a look at it and let ya know.

No idea on what your local library has or what its standards of process are. Fan material probably wouldn't show up to much tho.

Edited by Blackmarch

Here's the wiki page, I'm concerned about this: "Due to the fact that Viz Media published these mangas within their Viz Kids divison, certain scenes were removed as a form of censorship within their translations." Does that mean they weren't originally intended for young audiences?  Different countries have different standards for what's appropriate for children, but, the rating for these mangas are 9 to 12 on amazon so..

Edited by Animals

Here's the wiki page, I'm concerned about this: "Due to the fact that Viz Media published these mangas within their Viz Kids divison, certain scenes were removed as a form of censorship within their translations." Does that mean they weren't originally intended for young audiences?  Different countries have different standards for what's appropriate for children, but, the rating for these mangas are 9 to 12 on amazon so..

possibly, however reasons for censorship is wide from anything that might be a touchy issue, to things that are just plain weird or disturbing, or something that might be controversial (but isn't controversial elsewhere).

it could be reasons similar to the sailor moon censorships (lesbian portrayals) or might be closer to the pokemon censorships (some really weird crap, and issues with possible racial connotations), or something totally different.

That's probably something you'll just have to do some research on.

possibly, however reasons for censorship is wide from anything that might be a touchy issue, to things that are just plain weird or disturbing, or something that might be controversial (but isn't controversial elsewhere).

it could be reasons similar to the sailor moon censorships (lesbian portrayals) or might be closer to the pokemon censorships (some really weird crap, and issues with possible racial connotations), or something totally different.

That's probably something you'll just have to do some research on.

Well, I think I'll pick up one that I'm confidant doesn't have anything "bad" in it.  I'd LOVE to read the whole series, but I guess I'll have to do some more research and stuff.

"the collected works of MR James..."

A little surprised to see this here, but yes, if I were to do it over, I would've read these much earlier than-say my 40s. The recent BBC audiobooks of some of these stories-read by Derek Jacobi are great as well.

Edited by lonetree

Since Terry Brooks is already taken, I'm surprised no one has mentioned some of the godfathers of sci. fi.

Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury

T.T

[teeny voice] I did along with Arthur C Clarke.....  [/teeny voice]

I forgot to mention Fred Saberhagen's Berserker series/universe

• 3 weeks later...

Wind of Fire - by Stephen Fritz

I've plugged this book several times in the fourms but only because I'm facinated by his take on the Second Coming. I don't have a list of clean novels, not because I have a bunch of dirty novels. I'm just not a huge reader. Also, I re-read books. I love Chronicals of Narnia, and other CS Lewis work, I liked the Tolkien books (Hobbit, LOTR), but not the movies. I spent too much time reading/re-reading Harry Potter only to now be disappointed in the story line. I like old classics too.

I see the author of Wind of Fire posting on lds.net. Ask him to send you a copy if you don't want to spend $10.