I lost my dad today.

Eowyn, you Dad isn't lost. You know exactly where he is, now don't you. 

He has gone through the door from mortality to the next step in the plan of salvation. Keep the memory of him vibrant and alive by talking of him, sharing your memories with your family and writing them in your journal. All of the memories you have.

When my mother passed, my little brother and his wife took their four children to the temple, had a picnic on the grounds and explained to them that Grandma and gone through the door. Mom and left each of her grandchildren a tape recorded letter. My brother took one child into the atrium of the Portland Temple, let them listen to Grandma's letter and held them as they cried. The fourth child was only a baby so his turn in the atrium came many years later. 

Often I go to their FB pages and write a memory I have of my Dad, Mom and Grandma-  it is the easiest way to share their memories. I also post the same memories with all of the grandchildren AND great & ggreat grandchildren. 

I often think of putting together a book, printing it and sending everyone a copy - but I am not finished with the memories, will never be finished, and printing costs would break too many bank accounts. But FB and email are so handy. 

Our loved ones are never lost - unless they have apostatized - they have passed through the door from mortality to the next step towards eternal life. 

My love and prayers are with you, My Sister in Zion, and with your loved ones. 

.I am so sorry to hear thisthe loss of a loved ones are so very very hard even with our faith but know that you did not lose your father that he is and always will be your father forever take this for your comfort families are foreverand love continues through the veil of time and space I lost my family too it hurts and when you lose a parent yes it is very hard and the pain will be there then feeling of loss is there but hold on hold on to the handrail on the gospel will bring you so much joy and happiness and I know that you already know this my love is sent to you in this time of need

I am sorry to hear about your loss.  My father passed away last year, and I think about him everyday.  A few days before he died, I found this article on lds.org: The Spirit World, Our Next Home.  I printed a copy for my mother, and it brought her much comfort.

Edited by Jedi_Nephite