Baseball Trading Card Sold for over $400,000

Still_Small_Voice

It's the most valuable -- and arguably the most famous -- trading card in sports history.

The Honus Wagner T206 tobacco trading card from 1909 has commanded prices at auction that other trading cards haven't come close to matching.

But as a Forbes column points out, buyers and sellers are trading much more than the card itself. Based on past experiences, one could argue that the card carries the ability to influence the fates of those holding it.

See more at: http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201412/honus-wagner-baseball-trading-card-auction-gretzky-mixed-fortune#sthash.sZaFVuVr.dpuf

Nothing is that is as good or as bad as it seems only that thinking makes it so.  I personally have no use for such a card - or even conversing with someone that would own such a card for whatever purpose to converse with or attempt to impress me.

I thought the most valuable baseball card would be a Babe Ruth card.  Some of the Babe Ruth cards are valued at around $30,000. 

In my opinion old baseball cards can be forged without a huge amount of effort.  I don't think any baseball card is worth more than a $1,000.

What else is insane is that some of the top Wall Street ballers are making $1.5 Billion annually, Edward Lampert to be specific, I just can't even register that.

Man making $1,500,000,000 per year is a very wealthy income.  I would make that amount in about 41,500 years at my present job on my current income.  I hope people who make this much are giving others good paying jobs and benefits.

Man making $1,500,000,000 per year is a very wealthy income.  I would make that amount in about 41,500 years at my present job on my current income.  I hope people who make this much are giving others good paying jobs and benefits.

oh they do, at least compared ot the job ihave anyways. thats how they keep getting the cash.....

I think you are looking at this backwards -  You ought to be wondering what you are buying every year from this guy that you are so convinced is "worth it".

• 6 years later...

This is a follow up on this subject.  A Honus Wagner T206 baseball card  is now worth $3,300,000 in 2021 presently.  

A 2009 Mike Trout Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Autograph baseball card is now valued at $3,900,000.  (I cannot believe a card less than twenty years old is valued at this price.)

Take a look at the below website. 

A 1914 Babe Ruth Baltimore News baseball card takes the cake at a whopping $6,000,000.

https://goldcardauctions.com/rare-expensive-baseball-cards/

• 1 year later...

This is another follow up on this subject.  A 1952 Mickey Mantle baseball card sold recently for $12,600,000.  

Take a look at the below website.

1952 Mickey Mantle Card Sells For Record $12.6 Million At Auction (forbes.com)

My most valuable collectibles come nowhere near that.  I have some MTG cards that are valuable, including an Unlimited Edition Mox Pearl ($2500-2800) and a Legends Edition The Abyss ($900.)

I once had a Nolan Ryan rookie card.  It makes me sick to think I threw it in the garbage when I got rid of all my baseball cards and comic books around 1980.

Edited by mirkwood