Whatever Happened To...

pushka

Gone, but not forgotten..and very much missed!

Please could somebody explain what has happened over the last 24 hours, when accounts appear to have been deleted?

I am concerned whether any of the users have been banned and haven't been notified why, or given any prior warnings?

I find it very sad as new members will possibly be put off from joining in discussions openly if they feel they are to be banned unceremoniously!!

Please, moderators, Heather...explain what's happened..restore mine and others' faith in the site, and help to get our lost posters back again!!!

Yours groverlingly, (just made that word up, lol) :D

Pushka! :(

Yours groverlingly, (just made that word up, lol) :D

Well,

I agree with your concern, but I was sondering if you talk like your mouth is filled with marbles, are covered in blue fur and are you currently in your Super-Grover red-cape.

Aaron the Ogre

Violation of site rules results in account deletion.

Multiple accounts sharing the same IP address isn't allowed. One account per person.

I was asked to delete one account by the person who owned it. Why? There are dynamics and drama going on behind the scenes that some people don't want posted to the forums. If you don't trust the site or the moderators, I guess that's your choice. If new members don't want to participate, that's their choice.

Violation of site rules results in account deletion.

Multiple accounts sharing the same IP address isn't allowed. One account per person.

I was asked to delete one account by the person who owned it. Why? There are dynamics and drama going on behind the scenes that some people don't want posted to the forums. If you don't trust the site or the moderators, I guess that's your choice. If new members don't want to participate, that's their choice.

good post CK......as was mentioned....there was alot of stuff behind the scenes.....

CK..Why was Emma not informed that she was going to be banned prior to her account being deleted? Surely she should have had a chance to know why she was being banned, and hopefully a chance to explain the situation?

I don't know about anything going on 'behind the scenes', but surely posters who are banned, or about to be banned, should have the opportunity to defend themselves.

Guest Yediyd

CK..Why was Emma not informed that she was going to be banned prior to her account being deleted? Surely she should have had a chance to know why she was being banned, and hopefully a chance to explain the situation?

I don't know about anything going on 'behind the scenes', but surely posters who are banned, or about to be banned, should have the opportunity to defend themselves.

Pushka, I understand your concern, but I think PM is the best place to discuss this, don't you?

Especially since you are worried about new folks gettin offended.

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

Good riddance!

Why'd ya say that Jason? I know you didn't always see eye to eye with said posters, but surely even you don't think they deserved being banned?

Sorry Yediyd, I had to reply to this! That's OK Pushka...I beatcha to it!!!! I didn't think that comment was called for or very Christ-like either...

This kind of thing has happened two or three times in the 20 months or so I've been here. The moderators are sometimes accused of being too passive, and then, on these rare occasions, of being too draconian. IMHO, judge this tree by its fruit. We have a site where LDS are mostly encouraged, and when well-meaning friends like myself can come in, share and learn, and not feel threatened, belittled, or stifled. So, without any judgment on those who may have left, I do indeed trust our moderators to be fair and to usually err on the side of mercy.

PC, your check's in the mail. :lol:

Seriously, I'm glad that you don't feel ostracized or left out because you're not LDS. You're one of my favorite contributors to this site. Strangely enough, you follow the site rules. Hmmmm, what a coincidence. B)