Earth "wrapt together as a scroll"

moonman239

Who says?

I do. It just doesn't make sense for the Lord to take the earth and roll it up as one would roll up a scroll, or as one would when they are, say, molding dough into the form of a stick.

I imagine he would also violate a law of nature if he substantially changed the physical shape of the Earth.

If you believe that every valley shall be exalted and every hill made low, then the earth "rolling together as a scroll" is a good visual to describe one way that can happen. It conjurs up visual images of a land-tsunami leveling high places and filling in low spots. If one is poetic then the other probably is as well. If one is literal then the other probably is as well. The two are tied together in my mind anyway (as they describe the same period).

I do.

Well, obviously. Who else?

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean much. We cannot understand God's ways.  I'm not saying I think it's literal either (though Mordorbund's thought is interesting). But I'm not going to be so arrogant as to demand that my mortal understanding of things has much bearing on the ways of God.

I think I now see what the Folk Warrior said. 

Folk Warrior. I like it.

Isn't everyone assuming that all this earth-wrapping will occur in three dimensions?  Physicists nowadays are talking about the ten dimensions of the universe.  Take away the spatial dimensions (#1-#3) and time (#4) and you have six whole dimensions with plenty of room for folding and wrapping.

stringspace-e1417811256405.jpg

The existence of extra dimensions is explained using the Calabi-Yau manifold, in which

all the intrinsic properties of elementary particles are hidden. Credit: A Hanson.

I do. It just doesn't make sense for the Lord to take the earth and roll it up as one would roll up a scroll, or as one would when they are, say, molding dough into the form of a stick.

I imagine he would also violate a law of nature if he substantially changed the physical shape of the Earth.

What makes a lunar man worry about the Earth?  Is the Moon out of the 7th house? Is this not the dawning of the age of Aquarius?  hippie4.gif 

Edited by JimmiGerman