Single for eternity?

Try travelling. Go out and see the bigger world. You will gain a different perspective of life and people in general. In other words, your expectations will change. I suggest third-world, but ease yourself into it. It can be jarring. 

Short answer, yer, it is a case of trying harder. The Lord isn't going to hand you anything. 

Try harder, but try smarter.  My advice would be to set three priorities:

1. Live a life that is pleasing and obedient to God.

2. For the things in your life that you can completely control (education, job, investments, diet, exercise, hobbies, etc) pick things that increase your value as an ambassador of Jesus Christ and your appeal as a husband.  

3. Make as many friends as possible of both sexes and be an honorable friend to them.  You might not find any spouseworthy people in your circle of friends, but behind each friend is a network of people you may not know, and you'd be amazed at what can pop out when you least expect it.  I know many single people who are stuck being single because they seek out and socialize only with people who they'd consider marrying.  Big, big mistake.   

31 is still young!   

I think the same thing as I've come close over the years but just haven't found anyone I want to spend eternity with.

So, I figure perhaps someone who lived before I was born, perhaps..... hey, maybe Elvis!!!!!

Stop searching- live as you should live and attend your ward/stake single adult activities.... look into LDS cruises/trips/outings, etc.  Live life and when the time is right- the Lord will provide. 

I'm 27 and sometimes ask myself the same question but agree with PolarVortex in that 31 is young, as is 27.

At this point, I'm doing what I can to learn more about the world, make friends, and making a commitment to living the gospel and moving forward in my commitment to it.

Maybe you two should meet. ;)

I am 31 years old, single and seem to not be able to find someone to marry.

Is it a case of trying harder, or, should I simply wait for the Lord to bless me with a wife?

See it from the bright side: the Lord hasn't brought you under the command of a wife yet. By the way... perhaps God has no time for your request at the moment, and be sure He won't forget you, but you might have to wait another ten years. God acts in large temporal steps. Be patient.  hippie4.gif

Edited by JimmiGerman

Maybe you two should meet. ;)

The problem might be: he lives down under in Sidney, Australia, and she is a Missourian girl...  it's a long distance for a rendezvous, not just around the corner... he would need a fast boat and good horsen. Missouri, Missouri... hmm... and maybe she's a midwest farmer's daughter, and that wouldn't make things easier for him, if he doesn't much understand about farming. smiley-eatdrink062.gif

Edited by JimmiGerman

A young fella at the church asked me much the same thing and since I knew him I suggested he make a few changes to boost his confidence and perhaps in so doing would be more appealing to the ladies. I fully admit  these suggestions are superficial,but, I suggested the following:

1. Workout to be and appear fit. 

2. Pay attention to your style of dress

3. Get a tan...(I live in Florida)

4.* Ditch the  Honda Civic and buy something either sporty or manly. 

5. Pearly whites and contacts if u where glasses.

Edited by bytor2112

The advice I gave my sons, 'be the person you want to meet'.

Hmm... the person they want to meet should be like them, and they should be like the person they want to meet, who, as the same person they want to meet,  expects to meet a person that should be like herself or wants one of them to be like herself, because she is the same person like one of them, who wants to meet herself by being herself? Sounds like being on a LSD trip, hihihi.  hippie4.gif

Edited by JimmiGerman

Well I was kind of a weird single girl, speaking of the typical "type" I seemed to know, but I did end up with a great husband. 

I was looking for:

Faith

Ambition

Humor

Kindness

Work ethic

Authenticity

Lack of arrogance

I also worked to develop those qualities in myself, along the lines of sxfritz's post. When I found someone that fit, I showed interest. No games, no hard-to-get. It wasn't easy to find guys like that, and when I did it didn't always work. Once I dated guy like that and there was zero chemistry, so that didn't work out.

But with the right one, it really did. We're both happy with the outcome. :)

But we don't know what he's looking for or how he's looking. 

It seems to me like a lot of guys want Celestial Barbie to hunt them down while they sit on their hands (or game controllers) and wait.

But we don't know what he's looking for or how he's looking. 

It seems to me like a lot of guys want Celestial Barbie to hunt them down while they sit on their hands (or game controllers) and wait.

You're right. We have too less information about his undertakings and expectations. But from his words impatience is speaking. Based on your former suggestion I would say: Missouri is the promised land for him.

A young fella at the church asked me much the same thing and since I knew him I suggested he make a few changes to boost his confidence and perhaps in so doing would be more appealing to the ladies. I fully admit  these suggestions are superficial,but, I suggested the following:

1. Workout to be and appear fit. 

2. Pay attention to your style of dress

3. Get a tan...(I live in Florida)

4.* Ditch the  Honda Civic and buy something either sporty or manly. 

5. Pearly whites and contacts if u where glasses.

i dont know the percentages but i would think that the first qualifications for a potential mate is physical attraction/appearance.

i have known a handful of married couples that have divorced over the years and its so funny to see the divorced men automatically go back to the gym and start working out becoming more muscular and fit.

The problem might be: he lives down under in Sidney, Australia, and she is a Missourian girl...  it's a long distance for a rendezvous, not just around the corner... he would need a fast boat and good horsen. Missouri, Missouri... hmm... and maybe she's a midwest farmer's daughter, and that wouldn't make things easier for him, if he doesn't much understand about farming. smiley-eatdrink062.gif

I'm in Texas; that's a lot closer to Missouri than Australia...and I grew up on a farm  :D

I'm in Texas; that's a lot closer to Missouri than Australia...and I grew up on a farm  :D

Take some good horsen and hurry up then! Don't waste any time, 'cause the Australian has a very fast boat and he'll certainly take some sheep with him, and he'll take a fast train from California.  Ahem... didn't she say that her father was not a farmer and she's a midwest accountant's daughter...? Anyway, you're in advantage, Texan! Leave your old .44 at home, just not to offend the Missourians, but don't forget your Stetson! Accountants' daughters adore cowboys! smiley-eatdrink062.gif

Edited by JimmiGerman