To delete Account

Guest idontknow21

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Ulder said:

Mine too. please! 

This one makes me wonder.  He joined 3 years ago.  I've never even seen a post from him.  He comes on recently to make just a few posts and immediately asks to have his account removed.  Are there email notifications or something if you simply stop visiting the site?

3 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

A lot of people lurk frequently and rarely post.

So, by having his account active, he can't lurk or stop lurking as the case may be?  My real question is: what does it actually change if the account is deleted?

3 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, by having his account active, he can't lurk or stop lurking as the case may be?  My real question is: what does it actually change if the account is deleted?

That is the $50k question. 

27 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Check's in the mail. 

Wait!  How did you know where I live?  We've been discovered! I've got to shut down the house and get into the bunker now.  See you if the second coming happens...

18 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

No stitches for me. I'm under @Palerider's protection - that's what I've been paying him for.

Notice he hasn't been around for awhile.  He's sitting on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean with all of the dues he's collected over the years.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I think for some people it's psychological closure. "I'm done with that site and don't want to be able to post again!" Deleting the account keeps them from posting, kind of like biting your lip. Unless of course they create a new user name, but that's still a little hurdle, enough that would require consciously doing it, which might be what they want to keep themselves from posting again.

Lurking I've never really understood. I'm too opinionated and I like writing too much. If I care enough about a site to visit it, I'm probably going to post!

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, tesuji said:

I think for some people it's psychological closure

I think it's more like a tantrum. Something like "Look at me! I'm running away, I bet you all are sad to see it! Try and stop me please so I can get more attention. " The answer should be (in most cases) "Well no, in two weeks we won't remember you." 

Of course, they'll come back with "I don't care what you think. You can say what you want."  Which is another sign of their maturity level. 

Sorry to sound jaded, but I've seen it happen several times before. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, zil said:

Sometimes I think we should install a revolving door for the compound...  (But they're unnaturally expensive.) ;)

Good idea. Look up construction costs and put a form on my desk by 5pm Friday. 

• 1 month later...