Have you ever (HYE)...

Dr T

Yes...I got into the southbound lane of Hwy 1 in Korea, instead of the northbound one.  Back then they only had exits every 30 minutes or so.

HYE drank something that wasn't what you thought it was, and then spit it out (I did, to the laughter of my beloved family).

HYE been tickled when you had to pee? how did it go over?

No, but as a kid my uncled tickled me and I laughed so hard I threw up on him.  He was a good sport about it.  He's still alive, aged 92, and I bet he tickles the female staff in his nursing home.  I wonder if they throw up, too.

HYE quit a job in a huff?  (Remember the rules... no short answer, we want details.)

Been a long time but I made it without any problems lol.

HYE made an impossible long shot from the seat of your chair and hit the target or made a "basket"?

Yup... does the toilet seat/chair count? LOL The basket is around the corner and I banked something off the wall and it landed in the basket.

Just so we don't skip over a great question, I will go with PolarVortex's question:

HYE quit a job in a huff?  (Remember the rules... no short answer, we want details.)

Have you ever placed an item into a safe location for safe keeping, only to lose it there for an extended period of time?

I am pretty good at avoiding this, but it has been known to happen. My wife takes after her mom a little in this regard though, we jokingly speak of "safe places" as a reference to somewhere things will be lost for good :)

HYE put clothes and soap in wash machine and come back several hours later to realize you never turned the machine on ??

I can't remember ever doing this, but I have come back to find that the wash didn't finish for some reason. The machine was still full of water as though I'd left everything to soak, only I hadn't. I'm also spoiled in this regard because my wife does most of the laundry. I was happy to help when we first got married, but I quickly learned I have no patience for sorting out her extra items that can't go through the dryer... in my world this disqualifies them from being worth having and I don't put up with it. So now the laundry is her detail unless I manage to have enough of my own clothing pile up to constitute a load without adding her apparel to the mix.

HYE jumped on a trampoline in a thunderstorm? I found it exhilarating the last time I did.

Edited by SpiritDragon

I have! It's been a long time but I remember jumping on that thing through rain and shine all year round. I also remember there's supposed to be a capacity limit but my siblings and I would jump on it with all our friends - it was crazy.

HYE lost your patience in public and looked like a fool?

HYE lost your patience in public and looked like a fool?

Oh boy... yes.  One Saturday I was out driving, and a cab in another lane speeded up and tried to elbow his way into my lane.  I blasted the horn, which enraged him.  We both came to a stop sign (in two lanes, now abreast of each other) and the cab driver rolled down his window and let loose with a string of filthy obscenities that would have made a sailor blush.  I rolled my eyes and flicked my wrist in dismissive exasperation, just like a disgusted Felix Unger in the Odd Couple would have dismissed an incompetent servant.  All day I reflected on how stupid people are to lose their temper over driving mistakes.  The next day I was driving out of a grocery store parking lot and some woman cut me off and forced her way into line ahead of me.  I rolled down the window and let loose with a string of angry expressions (no obscenities) that caused everyone in the parking lot to stare at me in shock.  And then I was locked there between cars and couldn't slink away.  It was awful.  But it taught me a lot about Jesus' parable of the speck and the log in your eye.

HYE tried to say something in a foreign language and have it come out totally different from what you intended?

Oh yes!  Somebody gave me an intentionally off-colored version of what I wanted to say, and sure enough, I used it in a scripture study session, to some very shocked expressions.  I reprimanded my friend, who just snickered.  Choose your sources carefully!

HYE prepared a passionate, lengthy explanation to let loose on a customer service agent, only to have them, cut you off and say, "Don't worry--the problem is fixed."  Yeah--just happened to me.  Fortunately, most of the passion part hadn't come out yet.

Yes once I fell off my skateboard as a kid, blood was everywhere but I didnt want my parents to know so I just went home and held a towel to my chin all night long.  I should have gotten stitches but avoided getting "in trouble."

HYE gotten angry at somebody but it was all a misunderstanding? 

Yes, I was part of an award-winning choir in high school. The most fun win was when we won in San Francisco, even though we were the country mice from Idaho.

HYE made a successful romantic match between people you knew? (Find me a find, catch me a catch. . .)

HYE made a successful romantic match between people you knew? (Find me a find, catch me a catch. . .)

Yes.  I encouraged a deaf friend to ask out a girl he liked.  He lacked confidence because of his deafness and I think he lost several pounds in sweat as he worked up the courage to ask her out.

I was best man at their wedding.

HYE walked out of a movie because it was so bad or too intense?

Yes I have.....

Have you ever walked out of a store without paying for something ??

Not a store, but a restaurant. I was on a first date as a teenager, and we were both so caught up in conversation that we just walked right out after eating and forgot to pay. It occurred to me later that night that I might have left without paying so I called the restaurant to confirm my suspicions... sure enough I had dined and dashed. My server was grateful to learn that I'd be paying after all, or it would be deducted from her pay. Since the restaurant was in the neighbouring city I drove back in the next day (1 hour) to pay the bill and right my wrong (I was a teenager, didn't have a credit card and wouldn't have trusted that info over the phone at the time).

Have you ever hopped in the wrong vehicle leaving a location?

Well, what a fine person you are.  Bravo for paying that bill.

Yes, last November I was in Prague and had just exited the subway.  I saw the tram station across the street but it had two waiting areas (one for each direction) and I couldn't read a word of Czech and had no idea which one was going to my destination.  I hopped on one tram and of course it was going the wrong way (I had GPS on my phone).  I hopped off and just walked to my destination instead, which turned out well because I passed a number of shops giving out free food samples.  It was a very pleasant walk.

HYE been so frightened that you tried to speak and nothing came out?  (Details, please)

No I have not been frightened that I could not speak. I have been caught off guard with something someone said and had nothing to say but never frightened.

Have you ever called someone on the phone or cell phone and soon as they answered and before they spoke you started talking only to discover you had the wrong number ??