Have you ever (HYE)...

Dr T

Yes, as a child I got my arm caught in a wringer washing machine.  It's wasn't as horrible as it sounds, but I lost a lot of skin and had to have a skin graft.  I was in the hospital for several days.  Fortunately, I regained total use of that arm, and the only thing left is a rather large scar, so I tend to wear long-sleeved shirts.

HYE bought something large (car, house, airplane ticket, appliance, furniture, etc) and soon regretted it, but had to keep it for some reason?

Not really. I try to carefully weigh large purchases in advance... not that this makes me immune to mistakes, but I can't think of any big purchases that I regret other than a bad business deal.

Have you ever seen a chicken takin' a lickin' down by the bay?? :)

Sorry, 'have you ever' just struck me differently this time.

Have you ever come across a dead person unexpectedly?

Edited by SpiritDragon

Came darn near close to being arrested about ten years ago.  A group of friends and I went to a restaurant in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood.  We all ordered drinks (i.e., soft drinks and juice) and ordered dinner.  The food never came and we got angrier and angrier as the time passed.  Someone asked how long we had been waiting, and as the helpful geek in the group I remarked that I had just gone to an ATM before walking into the restaurant and that we had ordered no more then ten minutes after we had been seated.  All eyes turned to me as I fished the ATM receipt out of my wallet and checked the timestamp.  Result: We had been waiting over two hours for our dinner.  The entire group just got up and walked out, so I followed.  The manager came running out after us and grabbed a nearby policeman, who confronted us and ordered us to pay up or we'd all be arrested.  After a bit of thought, we all paid.

HYE changed your mind about some really controversial political or social issue?

When I was quite young, with little experience, but much ideological passion, I believed government should be drastically cut--including the wages of workers.  Now I argue that government should do a few things, and do them well.  After roughly 5 years of pay freeze and two years of 1% raises, I am also ready to see workers get some reasonable raises. 

HYE bought something you thought you never would?  (We've purchased 'permanent life insurance' and a time share)

Edited by prisonchaplain