My husband is having a crisis of faith

J, your husband is one of many who has been a spiritual viticim to sophist arguements of atheist. I know it's hard to see the good in all this, but al least you do not have children yet. Because it is infidently worse if the children see that "Daddy doesn't believe in Heavely Father".

You must decide to either stay with him and hope he see's the errors in the atheist arguements, or you start anew again. There are many people that we could have married. It will just be harder for you to find "the good guys" to marry if you're in your late 20's because most--not all--good guys are married by then. I'm not sure exactly how old you are, however studies show that women's fertility starts to decline in their late 20's. So if you are in your mid to a late 20's lets do the math. Current age ~27 + 1 year to see if he changes, theraphy yahda yahda +1 year divorce +1 to emotionally recover date, find the right one +1 remarried +1 first child and add +1 year for every other child you may want. So if you wanted 3 children that put's you at around 34 with 3 kids. Fertifility falls of the cliff by the mid-late 30's.

My point is is that you have a major decision to make, which is highly inconvient to you because your husband threw a grenade on the family. I'm truly sorry that happened. You're young enough if you get out soon you could remarry someone who doesn't have children (if you prefer) and start a new. Good luck.

Edited by ActiveLDSDadandFather

• 3 months later...

I have a friend who fell away from the church. I believe his catalyst was the death of a very close loved one. But once he got going, he started reading all kinds of things against God. Which leads me into the next thing I wanted to say.

I read a good book lately that might help. It's not in relation to the question of homosexuality, but it does help belief in God. It's not a spiritual book however, it's a scientific book. The book is called "Evolution's Achilles' Heels" by 9 different Ph.D.'s. Now, I'm really not trying to start a debate about evolution. I just wanted to point out that this particular book points out many amazing things that are pretty impossible to explain without Intelligent Design. I won't try to sugar coat it, it is very against evolution defined as the common ancestry of all living things. But if your husband is still on the fence and is actively reading about science and God, this might be up his alley.

Link to the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Evolutions-Achilles-Heels-Ph-D-Scientists/dp/192164382X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430884321&sr=8-2&keywords=evolution%27s+achilles%27+heels

I hope you are prayerful about the situation. If you feel God is telling you to try to start anew, so be it, but otherwise I would advise against going that route. I believe we should be faithful to our spouses (yes, even faithless ones) when there is no abuse or sexual unfaithfulness. Marriage is hard. It always is. Don't be tempted to think the grass is greener on the other side. What I mean is, his faithlessness is *not* a reason for divorce. Work on your marriage. Support him in his trials (depression). It won't be easy, but it's not about being easy.

God bless.