New to lds.net and want to share my blog

tybrad

It's really cool to see so many members that are connected on this site. I just wanted to introduce myself and see if I can't relate to some people here. 

Short bio: I am a grad student at Utah State University getting my Masters degree in Human Resources. I really enjoy finding ways to empower people and help people to live more effective, productive, and happier lives. I have found that much of my happiness in life comes from living the principles taught in the church. 

I enjoy reading leadership books and every time I do I realize that the church applies many of the principles taught in these books. I created a site to try and capture these thoughts, but I just begun and would like to see if there are any other members in the world that would be interested in stuff like this.

Please befriend me and let me know what you think about my site: thepowerofldsliving.wordpress.com

Cheers,

-Tyson

I took a look at your blog and the first thing that jumped out at me and you might want to change.  Any time you are using the full name of the Church is needs to be done correctly.  

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The "d" should be lower case.  :)

I took a look at your blog and the first thing that jumped out at me and you might want to change.  Any time you are using the full name of the Church is needs to be done correctly.  

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The "d" should be lower case.   :)

This is maybe a fine difference but an important one many people don't see or easily seem to ignore.

Edited by JimmiGerman

Isn't there a difference (creed-wise) between the "catholic church" and the "Catholic Church"? :D

Only for the Protestants, really. Catholics are okay with identifying the Catholic (i.e. the denomination) Church as being the one, holy, catholic (i.e. "universal"), and apostolic Church. Protestants tend not to like doing that for obvious reasons.

Only for the Protestants, really. Catholics are okay with identifying the Catholic (i.e. the denomination) Church as being the one, holy, catholic (i.e. "universal"), and apostolic Church. Protestants tend not to like doing that for obvious reasons.

Not only the Protestants... I would say many others tend not to like doing that for obvious reasons, either.  hippie4.gif

Edited by JimmiGerman

Isn't there a difference (creed-wise) between the "catholic church" and the "Catholic Church"? :D

Maybe the same as between "mordorbund" and "Mordorbund"... provided that we would be ready to let the etymology and the meaning of the word "morðor" in Old English completely disregarded, of course.  :lol:

Edited by JimmiGerman