No answering with "yes" or "no".....

Dr T

In this this thread we need to either ask a question or make an assertion and the response to the question or statement cannot be answered or responded to with a yes or no.  Be creative in getting around the word yes or no

For example:

Q:  Do you take naps? 

A:  I would like to take naps often but since I work 5-10 hour days I'm not able to nap.

I will start with:

You were born in the month of December.

Whether you reckon time using the Gregorian or Julian calendars will affect this. For that matter, the name "December" predates the Julian calendar, what with the last month containing the prefix "Dec" meaning ten, implying that it was used in a different calendar system where it was the tenth month. I think July (for Julius Cesar) and August (for Augustus Cesar) were the two added months.

Also, in that ten month calendar, it probably wouldn't have started with the birth of Christ since it would have had its origins before his advent. As such, depending on which calendar system you use, I may or may not have been born in December.

Do you like yogurt?

The phrase major medical diagnosis is vague.  For me "you have a papercut" is a major medical diagnosis whereas for my husband "you're going to lose your left foot" is a minor medical diagnosis.

Do you own a doomsday bunker?

The pioneering sociolinguist and Yiddish scholar Max Weinreich had a quote:

A language is a dialect with an army and navy.

His point being that the difference between a language and a dialect was ultimately a political distinction and had little to do with linguistics per se. Thus, German and Dutch are separate languages, but Mandarin and Meixian Chinese are supposed dialects. But, others posit that comprehensibility between two languages can make them dialects so that Ebonics can be considered an English dialect.

I speak Boholano, Cebuano, Pilipino, Spanish, and English. How many languages that comes up to? You tell me.

Do you like magenta?

During the time of the Tower of Babel, man was so prideful that they thought they should be able to pick their own noses. So the king decided to make all these beautiful noses and put them in the tower for the people to pick from. The trumpet sounded and everyone dashed to the tower to pick their noses. The Caucasians, having longer legs, got there first and picked the longer noses. The Malays, having shorter legs, ended up with the smaller noses. The Africans, being the most diligent, were out in the fields when the trumpet sounded so they ended up with trampled noses from the mad dash of nose picking. So they got flat, wide noses.

I'm Malay.

Are you Malay?

During the time of the Tower of Babel, man was so prideful that they thought they should be able to pick their own noses. So the king decided to make all these beautiful noses and put them in the tower for the people to pick from. The trumpet sounded and everyone dashed to the tower to pick their noses. The Caucasians, having longer legs, got there first and picked the longer noses. The Malays, having shorter legs, ended up with the smaller noses. The Africans, being the most diligent, were out in the fields when the trumpet sounded so they ended up with trampled noses from the mad dash of nose picking. So they got flat, wide noses.

I'm Malay.

Are you Malay?

I am not Malay

Do you like hot wings ?

Edited by Palerider