Question on Scout Sunday

How many of your wards have the boys show up on scout Sunday (7 Feb this year) in uniform?

Our ward did occasionally, but the handbook says that it is discouraged?

Once even passing sacrament I believe. Another time white shirt for sacrament then switching to uniform.

I've never seen nor done the Scout Sunday, and have been discouraged from doing so.

Personally i'm okay with it, I don't have a problem with military personal wearing their uniforms to Church, nor the poor investigator wearing jeans and a plaid button up shirt. And lets face it, sometimes the official scout uniform will be the best some scouts have for the dress your best for Sunday, Sunday best. (If they even have more than a scout shirt) I mean have you seen the prices those uniforms can be!

It's probably not appropriate for Blessing and Passing the Sacrament. In my mind, at the very least because it would be an obvious distraction, and cause contention. My younger brother once wore an older style dress jacket (not even flashy) while blessing the sacrament before and he got scolded from a few of the sisters for not dressing appropriately.

Edited by Crypto

Just to round out the discussion, from the 2014 LDS Scouting Handbook, Section 8.11:

Scouting Month

February has traditionally been designated as Scouting Month in the United States. Leaders of Scouting units chartered by the Church may plan and carry out approved activities during the week to recognize this tradition. However, in keeping with the purposes of Sabbath observance, boys and leaders do not wear their uniforms to regular Sunday meetings or while administering and passing the sacrament.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

And to think we had a big thread about knitting.......Lol

So is it OK to knit white shirts during Sacrament meeting?

I should get a kilt for the next time someone "suggests" that I should make sure to wear a white shirt Sunday morning.  See what they say about that.

Edited by NightSG