Who said . . . ?

prisonchaplain

In this string, I'll post a quote, and let others guess who said it.  With each wrong guess, a clue will be given.

So, who said:

I feel most ministers who claim they've heard God's voice are eating too much pizza before they go to bed at night, and it's really an intestinal disorder, not a revelation.

First clue...the person who said this was not LDS.

Whomever it is it sounds like Scrooge

``Why do you doubt your senses?''

``Because,'' said Scrooge, ``a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!''

~Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol'

I checked too.

It's Jerry Falwell.

And the next quote is:

Sound, balanced teaching is a must. Our default should be to partake. Our default should be to live in joy, not condemnation. Our default should be to love, not to correct, to encourage, not to criticize.

Clue: The person who said this is also non-LDS. :)

M.

I've definitely heard most of these quotes before, but am terrible at connecting names to quotes  :(

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.

Mark Twain?

Edited by Crypto