Missouri Weather

Palerider

In my part of Missouri that I live in they have us under a Winter Storm Warning. They are predicting we are going to get 6-12 inches of snow. You should see all the people going crazy around here. Running to the store buying milk eggs and bread. Then go to the video store and rent all the good movies. I never heard of sitting around watching movies eating French Toast. We probally won't end up with anything. The temp outside is about 18 degrees.

I never heard of sitting around watching movies eating French Toast.

No, neither have I... but the idea appeals to me greatly, so thanks for the suggestion.  They say the only two things you can't have for breakfast are lunch and dinner, but I have breakfast for dinner all the time.  It's what the elite eat.

Idaho has been beautiful the last week or two. Normally February is so miserable, but it's been mild and sunny. I just hope all our fruit trees don't bud and then we get a hard freeze again and lose the fruit. 

I live an hour south of St Louis and it started snowing after midnight sometime and it's still coming down. I will be taking my wife to work because she always insists upon my doing so when the weather is bad. I never went to the store for bread and milk and eggs so I won't be having French toast here. Lol!!!

You should see Floridians during a hurricane warning.  Floridians eat French Toast for Hurricanes too... which is crazy because if the Hurricane does hit, your house is going to be gone with your French Toast.

Palerider, we're practically in the same area. Cool beans. I did some summer camp work down near the boot heel (which I realize isn't an hour south of STL, but still...over in that region that is Southeast Missouri/close to the Mississippi but south of STL), and I really loved the area and the people that were there. Wonderful times!

In a youthful lack of judgement, I went out to a friend's house last night to play board games with others from my YSA...the roads were kinda iffy when I left at 10:30, and it took a good 30 to 45 minutes to drive what normally takes 15 to 20.

You should see Floridians during a hurricane warning.  Floridians eat French Toast for Hurricanes too... which is crazy because if the Hurricane does hit, your house is going to be gone with your French Toast.

That's what I don't her here...they buy up all the milk and eggs and bread. That's the only thing I can think they are making. Lol

Palerider, we're practically in the same area. Cool beans. I did some summer camp work down near the boot heel (which I realize isn't an hour south of STL, but still...over in that region that is Southeast Missouri/close to the Mississippi but south of STL), and I really loved the area and the people that were there. Wonderful times!

In a youthful lack of judgement, I went out to a friend's house last night to play board games with others from my YSA...the roads were kinda iffy when I left at 10:30, and it took a good 30 to 45 minutes to drive what normally takes 15 to 20.

Yes I am in the Southeast Mo area. We live in the Cape Girardeau Mo Stake.

I absolutely LOVE the Cape area! I have a geocaching event coming up in March that will be in Jackson, and I can't say how excited I am to get back to that area of Missouri. There was a time where I seriously considered looking for teaching jobs in the boot heel because of how much I thoroughly enjoyed working down there in the summer.

I should probably add the diverse landscape of Missouri to the list of reasons why I love it so much :)

In my part of Missouri that I live in they have us under a Winter Storm Warning. They are predicting we are going to get 6-12 inches of snow. You should see all the people going crazy around here. Running to the store buying milk eggs and bread. Then go to the video store and rent all the good movies. I never heard of sitting around watching movies eating French Toast. We probally won't end up with anything. The temp outside is about 18 degrees.

maybe send some of it utah's way?

In my neck of the woods here on the central Oregon Coast it has been in the 60's- sunny skies with fat, pregnant fat, clouds. 

Some of the transplants here (church members from Texas, Calif. and Ariz.) are going to be planting tomatoes and lettuce starts tomorrow. They really need to wait a few more weeks - go ahead and put the starts out side for a few hours each day, to weather them. But winter really isn't over yet. 

I will be yanking up the dead plants from the pots on my railings, hauling that dirt inside to mix with equal parts of clean wet baby diaper innards. http://www.instructables.com/id/Diapers-Help-Your-Plants-Grow/  Am also re-potting all of my house plants with the same mixture. For the outdoor pots, I have seeds to plant. Nasturtiums, Forget-Me-Not, Sage, Purple Ruffles Basil, Gourmet Blend Basil, Lavender, Pansy's, Bachelor's Buttons, and Rosea & Covent Garden Baby's Breath. 

Last year I spent over $250.00 on potted plants . What overwintered are the snapdragons, rosemary, thyme, and columbines. 

Where I had the lobelia and impatiens which died out, I am now going to seed Wildflowers~Bee-Pollinator mix. I would love to do vegetables, but I just don't have the energy to make the chair height stands. 

On the phone yesterday with the hearing-aid people, the CSR told me he was in Minneapolis - and that it was 6 degrees when he got to work that morning. He had asked me how the weather was in Oregon. Since I had just gone past my outside temp gauge - I didn't have to guess. It was 62 outside at 1:00 PM.

BUT spring isn't really here yet - I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop - 'er actually for the temp to drop and the rains to come down and the winds to whip the trees all about.

Pam, this part of Oregon had a very, very mild winter too. Very, very dry one to boot.